• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The power of suggestion (1 Viewer)

Yarg

HSC
This has recently become my no.1 hate in the world. Yet im powerless against it.

It all started when a friend of mine broke up with his girlfriend, and then asked "Do you like her?" "pfft no, why?" "oh no reason" and i didnt. but my mind started thinking and going around in circles and decided without going thru me "oh yes i do like her". Fuck.

Months later. After i had been falling for her for a while. Most of my close guy friends know by now including ^ that friend, but he doesnt mind, he hates her lol. One of my other close mates asks "oooh you have liked her for a long time and you seem to be getting closer and then further and then closer and then further and now closer to her, maybe your in looooooove" he says seriously. "Pfft no, fuck i hate that word, i havent even kissed her yet." But my mind started going round in circles again, you would do almost anything for her, you cant stop thinking about her, blah blah all that other lovey dovey crap. SO my mind goes and convinces me that im in "love" pfft.

Then, before i asked her out, im now one of her closest friends. I go away for a week to the blue mountains with my dad. I use this time to think hard. I slap myself and realise, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, YOU ARENT IN LOVE WITH HER YOU IDIOT. And wake myself up, pity though now, one of my friends has already just about asked her out for me while i was gone and went on about this "love" crap and how i felt for her ad she said no again (i asked her out the first week i was getting to know her too, and told her i had no more feelings for her when she said no). Im back now and its going to be so fucking awkward when i go out to a party and shes there thinking that im some weirdo loser or something. I only wish to be her friend, i have absolutely no feelings for her whatsoever...

Until. My best friend says, "oh i recon you are lying, you cant get over someone that fast, you must still have feelings for her" And there we go again, my mind is now, behind my back, contemplating that "maybe we/i/he does still have feelings for her"
And the slapping myself isnt working anymore.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Yeah it works. If you keep talking about this girl to someone, he will eventually like her.

Eg. saying "Damn I'd love to fuck her"
Or "I wish I could stick my tongue down HER throat."

Yarg

HSC
why the fuck not? i realised it was all the power of suggestion, so stop suggesting it lol. Your making me think, i ahte thinking sometimes.

If i realised that she was only a good friend and nothing more, and she would never have me as anything more. And that i was a complete and utter fool for liking her in the first place, then it makes it very easy to get over somebody.

The fact that there are two hotter girls that i look forward to getting to "know" also helps the "pain"(haha) of getting over her.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Yarg said:
If i realised that she was only a good friend and nothing more, and she would never have me as anything more. And that i was a complete and utter fool for liking her in the first place, then it makes it very easy to get over somebody.
I doubt psychologists would agree with you, but whatever.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
what you should do, is get someone else to suggest to you that you like some other chick. and then you can go obsess about her

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
You know what I hate, when a friend tells me xxx likes me, and although I have no feelings for him, coz I know he likes me, I start to develop feelings for him.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
really, its the opposite for me, when i hear someone likes me in that way, it causes me to become disinterested
even if i liked them to start with

Yarg

HSC
i have a friend who does that, they start liking people because they like her. I recon its kind of sad and i feel sorry for her because of it.

And psychologists probably wouldnt agree with me jumb, but if they worked me over they wouldnt agree with much of me at all.

Hmmm thats a good idea stacie, but it needs to be backed up. And it doesnt seem to work once someone else has been suggested. Three of my friends 1) told me that my other friend liked me, 2) that she was wayyyy better than the other girl and 3) i should try and go with her.

It didnt really work, well it worked for a little bit but other things would tip the balance. Like when other friends confirmed that the other girl was doing things that showed she had it for me. but i guess it would work now.

Last edited:
HSC
i hate the power of suggestion too. it happened with my ex-boyfriend.

i met him and thought he was really awesome, had music good taste, acted cute,etc.
my best friend was all like "you so like him don't you?" and i was like "no, pfft, as if i do". but she kept feeding me all these ideas about how i "had it in for him" and
wanted him so i asked him out and we were together for 13 months.

Yarg

HSC
ahh good to see that others are weak to its powers as well... haha.

Suggestion is a bitch. I hope my best friend isnt weak to it, because ive been teasing her about a dickhead of a guy she drunkily kissed a week ago. I dont want her to go out with him... *shudder*

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
really, its the opposite for me, when i hear someone likes me in that way, it causes me to become disinterested
even if i liked them to start with
What?! How does that work? Does the idea of someone liking you freak you out or something?

Last edited:

Greenwood

Banned
HSC
just hang out with other girls for a while and you'll get used to being without her. unless you fall in love with one of them.

G

go_elizabeth

ehehe... i always do shit like only like peeps who i know like me, or make them like me but thats another story

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
nicko88 said:
What?! How does that work? Does the idea of someone liking you freak you out or something?
nah, i think its partially a thrill of the chase thing. if i found out that some ultimate sex god loved me i probably wouldnt mind

jang

is not my real name
HSC
yarg... i was just about to tell u off for making ur story so long
but then realised... ur a sikkunt
made me think...
i used to like this chick.... n i was thinkin and shit just like u .. then i went to korea and thought and tohught and thought and got myself to get over her just like how u went to blue mountains or watever
wtf is wit that?
maybe everybody needs a little time away... i heard her say.. from each other
or maybe im lost and taklin bullshit

Yarg

HSC
nah your not lost or talking bullshit, i recon everybody does. Gives em time to do a review of their thoughts and to yank out the ones with no roots, ones that shouldnt be there.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
that happens when people keep saying you like her, you like her!..you start thinking you do..
and if you deny it..that gives them reason to think you do
so you might as well play along and pretend you do
and when you say you are over her..they will think you are saying it to hide your feelings for her coz she sed no

its all so gay...but what can ya do..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)