• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Story of Jonah (1 Viewer)

shadowfilms

HSC
Hey, I'm looking for some information on the Story of Jonah. Just like, an analysis, interpretations or comparisons to how its written in different spiritual texts and stuff. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
shadowfilms said:
Hey, I'm looking for some information on the Story of Jonah. Just like, an analysis, interpretations or comparisons to how its written in different spiritual texts and stuff. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.
Can I ask what this has to do with religion and non religion?

And what has it got to do with teh course? (ie what unit etc)

helps us help you....

shadowfilms

HSC
In my Religion class i need the infor for this The Nature of Religion and Beliefs assignment. I mainly need the information for that but in English we also have this comparison study thing at the moment and for this test we have to independantly choose an old story and explain its relevance in todays society. I probably should have put it in the English section as well but i thought it was a religious story so i'd have more luck here. But yeah, any information would be helpful.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
shadowfilms said:
In my Religion class i need the infor for this The Nature of Religion and Beliefs assignment. I mainly need the information for that but in English we also have this comparison study thing at the moment and for this test we have to independantly choose an old story and explain its relevance in todays society. I probably should have put it in the English section as well but i thought it was a religious story so i'd have more luck here. But yeah, any information would be helpful.
OK..so its in the wrong section (will move after this)

What syllabus point in Nature of Religion?

I just dont see it? :/

If its for English, then maybe it should be posted over there as its not something that is done in SOR.

You can get analysis etc of the net if you look for it ie try "the story of Jonah"in google- I just did that and got a number of hits on the first page that seem to be what you are asking for

edit: as much as I hate recommending it...wikipedia has everything you are looking for
Did you even look?

meh..

shadowfilms

HSC
I've tried Wikipedia but i havent tried Google yet. thanx. i just thought seeing as the Story of Jonah is a religious story it related more here than in English. I'll make another post in English just to be sure. But, once again, any extra info would help.

nekobutterfly

HSC
The best way to explain its relevance in todays society is to look at the basic plot line and not the details, Jonah is a story abput someone running away from something he was told to do, that person catching up, saying sorry (in a way), and then doing what he was supposed to do. There are many other details which could be involved like the reason why he didn't want to go to Ninaveh and the palm tree. But that is the basic plot line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)