• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The TRUTH about IPT!!! (1 Viewer)

Boo_

HSC
Trev said:
Of course it's worse than OC 100% of the time. OC is a champ show! Tonight's episode was gooooodly! :p :cool: :) :D
lol, good and bad, depends on which part of the episode ur talking bout.
for someone who is protrayed as fairly responsible, ryan sure can do some stupid stuff. seriously who would leave a drunk person alone. especially at nite and on a beach??? stupidity!!!

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Trev said:
Did you come first in the state drewgcn? If so, congrads! Highest at our school was 96.
Yahuh. Danke! :)

DigitalFortress said:
Do you know M Hunter?
Do I know M Hunter? (said in an overtly rhetorical tone)
Damn straight! He's like my best mate...

DigitalFortress said:
"You had sex with Tyler whilst I was dating him?!?!"
"No, Dakota it wasn't me it was Carolina"
*smack*

throw in a few lesbian and gay shots to make it contraversial...

and you got the people eating out of your hands...
Oh. So. True.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
melsc said:
it isnt really a bludge...u may not work much in class.but the assignments are huge
True, that its the only subject where i didnt complete one of the assignments, but i still got a Band 5, and most of my class f'ed around most of the time

gem_max

HSC
Im from a tiny school out woop woop and 2 years ago when I did ipt in the hsc 3 out of the 6 people in my class got band 6, myself getting one of the states highest marks. Although ipt isnt a bludge (because of the huge amount of content) its not something you have to have a great understanding for. Really all it is is memorising a heap of definitions. If you can do that you can get band 4-5 no sweat BUT to get band 6 youve got to be able to word and elaborate well therefore requiring a bit more understanding rather than just straight memorisation. Yet even that is not too difficult so please dont anyone ever stress about ipt ok? Just get the content into your head and know how to write it well and show a little comprehension of its topics.

As for assignments yes they do require a lot of work but from memory even the boring options and topics had pretty interesting assignments where you got to have a bit of choice in what they were based upon so hopefully enjoyment=effort for those of you worried about assigments.

Finally I would have enjoyed ipt but I had one of those 'textbook, boring, bitch' teachers so everything was self taught and now I look back and realise that the actually ipt is kind of nice knowledge to have. So if anyone is finding it horribly boring just try to see beyond the repetitive language of the text to the nifty real world trivia that accompanies the required knowledge and you'll see that ipt has its usefulness in the world.

And best of luck current hscers.

joeyjeremy

HSC
The TRUTH about IPT!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sick of hearing people say the following things about IPT:
* IPT is a bludge
* Dont do it, it scales bad
* IPT is boring
I hate hearing these things especially from people who dont do the subject or people giving advice to those thing about choosing IPT...so IPT students why dont u post what IPT is about so that people who want to do it can see what it is really like!

THAT IS SOOOOO TRUE!!!!! Ive heard of soooo... many annoying people who go OMG Ccomputer nerds and all those stupid comments. Well reckon its the best subject out of them all!!! :mad:

It was awesome though it SOMETIMES do get boring but its worth it. If no one gonna take the subject, there wouldnt be anyone grduating into the IT industry. And those guys who are saying it would be crying OMG NO COMPUTERS, OMG THIS AND THAT!! Farout what more do they want!!

Anyways its all good that my view!!

But yeah its fun GO DO IPT!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

gem_max

HSC
joeyjeremy said:
It was awesome though it SOMETIMES do get boring but its worth it. If no one gonna take the subject, there wouldnt be anyone grduating into the IT industry. And those guys who are saying it would be crying OMG NO COMPUTERS, OMG THIS AND THAT!! Farout what more do they want!!
Haha well said... any if you do an IT degree you pretty mych do IPT all over again first semester of uni. Mmm easy HD.

Boo_

HSC
i agree. easy subject as long as you know your content. summarising from the syllabus points really helped me in my last exam ended with 34/43 for my half yearly...if only i didnt skip some of the questions since it was taking to long for me to think bout what to write...

stainmepink

HSC
joeyjeremy said:
The TRUTH about IPT!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sick of hearing people say the following things about IPT:
* IPT is a bludge
* Dont do it, it scales bad
* IPT is boring
I hate hearing these things especially from people who dont do the subject or people giving advice to those thing about choosing IPT...so IPT students why dont u post what IPT is about so that people who want to do it can see what it is really like!

THAT IS SOOOOO TRUE!!!!! Ive heard of soooo... many annoying people who go OMG Ccomputer nerds and all those stupid comments. Well reckon its the best subject out of them all!!! :mad:

Anyways its all good that my view!!

But yeah its fun GO DO IPT!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
LOL at u!
everyone is entitled to an opinion. I did accelerated IPT (hsc last year) and it is the biggest load of shit i've ever done. If you find it oh so enjoyable well good for you. At least i dont bag out ur opinion. if people dont want to graduate into the IT industry they have a right not to do so and a right to speak their minds.

gem_max

HSC
yeah they have the right to but its not really very tactful or respectful of them to say it the way they do. I guess joeys post did seem as narrowminded as the people from the other side of the debate but hey this is an IPT forum so youve got to expect people to be rather passionate about it, particularly in this thread. In places like this though its always safest to see everyone's view, even if slightly like in my post response. So dont hold anything against joey because your post also didnt respect the other ipt perception eh.

stainmepink

HSC
gem_max said:
yeah they have the right to but its not really very tactful or respectful of them to say it the way they do. I guess joeys post did seem as narrowminded as the people from the other side of the debate but hey this is an IPT forum so youve got to expect people to be rather passionate about it, particularly in this thread. In places like this though its always safest to see everyone's view, even if slightly like in my post response. So dont hold anything against joey because your post also didnt respect the other ipt perception eh.

yes ok point taken. and no i didnt hold anything in the first place against joey. I reckon people shouldnt go around judging what a course is like just from what people say, you know what i mean? I'm not intending to discourage people from taking up ipt or sdd but im just stating my honest opinion.

gem_max

HSC
Haha no worries. I almost dropped IPT actually because I hated it THAT MUCH but then I realised it was all because of my teacher. Haha and then I went and dropped DT instead because I was the only girl and the teacher was soooo sexist. Ah the hsc...

Now Im in my second year of a course that will land me a job as an IT teacher. Hehe I figure teachers like the one I had need to be eliminated in all subjects so then we can base our assumptions entirely upon the course content. I wonder how good IPT will be as a teacher hmm...

stainmepink

HSC
gem_max said:
Haha no worries. I almost dropped IPT actually because I hated it THAT MUCH but then I realised it was all because of my teacher. Haha and then I went and dropped DT instead because I was the only girl and the teacher was soooo sexist. Ah the hsc...

Now Im in my second year of a course that will land me a job as an IT teacher. Hehe I figure teachers like the one I had need to be eliminated in all subjects so then we can base our assumptions entirely upon the course content. I wonder how good IPT will be as a teacher hmm...

I'm sure it'll be very different compared to when u did it a few years ago. but hey :) at least ur following ur dreams. teachers have a really cool job, as they get a nice pay and they get the school holidays. plus theyre usually very open minded people because they deal with kids all the time ... i like teachers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)