• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Thesis/intro-frontline (1 Viewer)

Chaosenigma

HSC
Frontline's pretty good for extrapolating 'the truth' from, but i'm a little sketchy on how to start, would i need any changes to my opening for an essay?

*START INTRODUCTION*

The truth and what is accepted as true can be diametrically opposite. This depends on and results from the facts being represented from an authoritative perspective as well as the manipulation of the facts with the intent of fulfilling an agenda.

Information has had a renowned impact on the way humanity exists in this day and age. Whereas previous era’s have been coined depending on humanities achievements, such as the industrial age with the founding of industry and the production line; the post-industrial era in which we currently reside has been coined “the information age” due the exponential propagation of information and the way it’s presented, the most renowned presentation being the media.

With the increase in propagation of information so too has the evaluation of information and the truth, and thus the prioritization of news as bastion of lies, the truth sacrificed for the relentless pursuit of ratings. The topic ‘the truth’ illustrates the understanding of the value of information by the media and the sociological effects it has on society. By omitting certain aspects of an article of information, inflaming other aspects and through use of language, individuals and groups such as the media have the ability to spin a truth with a larger impact than it otherwise would have had. With enough influence behind such a truth an audience is manipulated into perceiving the given information as truth.

*END INTRODUCTION*

*START FRONTLINE INTRO*

The satirical series frontline, by rob sitch et.al, parodies the medias manipulation of the truth and the medias prioritisation of the news as entertainment (over it being a factual retelling of events) in order to fufill the agenda of ratings[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Focusing on the two episodes “The siege” and “Add sex and stir” we can voyeur into a behind the scenes interpretation of a current affairs program and the means which the media uses to get ‘the scoop’.

*END FRONTLINE INTRO*

Anything iffy/should be added?

Feel free to post your own intro ^_^

shaemitchell

HSC
I've been told countless times by my english teacher not to be so verbose and your intro; quite verbose and too long. The truth component itself should only make up a paragraph of your essay whilst incorporating your intro to frontline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)