• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tony abbot beat by the truth. (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
This story has widely been covered over the past hours. Not due to Tony Abbott's performance but due to the bad manners and lack of respect shown by the host, Leigh Sales.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
This story has widely been covered over the past hours. Not due to Tony Abbott's performance but due to the bad manners and lack of respect shown by the host, Leigh Sales.
by 'covered' you mean 'andrew bolt's perspective'.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
fucking terrible.

Lentern

HSC
To be fair I'm growing increasingly bored of this Paxman style interview that Sales, O'brien, Ulhman Trioli, Cassidy, Speers etc all seem to be adopting. I think as Tony Jones and Laurie Oakes have consistently shown you can be a perceptive interviewer without being a heavyhanded intellectual thug. Its poor journalism, trying to turn it into some theatrical bloodsport.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
No, many different sources and people.

Tony Jones & Laurie Oakes are both good interviewers in my opinion also.

Lentern

HSC
No, many different sources and people.

Tony Jones & Laurie Oakes are both good interviewers in my opinion also.
Let's all reminisce about this famous demolition job Jones did on Abbott back in 09.

Dash8

HSC
Tony Abbot is a complete fool. Instead of slagging down Julia Gillard all the time, maybe he should actually educate himself on these important issues before he opens his mouth. I always hear him talking and making vague statements but never does anything constructive. Hope he never becomes prime minister....

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
To be fair I'm growing increasingly bored of this Paxman style interview that Sales, O'brien, Ulhman Trioli, Cassidy, Speers etc all seem to be adopting. I think as Tony Jones and Laurie Oakes have consistently shown you can be a perceptive interviewer without being a heavyhanded intellectual thug. Its poor journalism, trying to turn it into some theatrical bloodsport.
One of the reasons I prefer watching Laurie Oaks.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Tony Abbot is a complete fool. Instead of slagging down Julia Gillard all the time, maybe he should actually educate himself on these important issues before he opens his mouth. I always hear him talking and making vague statements but never does anything constructive. Hope he never becomes prime minister....
Tony was a Rhodes scholar and holds both an economic degree and a law degree (which is more than Gillard has by the way in terms of education). He is by no means dumb.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
gillard and abbot both did combined law. so in terms of comparing either of our political leaders by their educational and professional experience, they can only be reasonably judged by what they did after their undergraduate studies. gillard practiced law for 10 odd years, while abbot went to mooch off of a rhodes scholarship while completing a masters in wasing time, which he later put to good use as he joined and dropped out of seminary, all the while making a piss poor attempt at being a journalist.

Last edited:

Dash8

HSC
Tony was a Rhodes scholar and holds both an economic degree and a law degree (which is more than Gillard has by the way in terms of education). He is by no means dumb.
Oh yeah I know he's not dumb, neither is Julia. I just don't think he would be a great prime minister for this country....

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Jokes on you, Abbot was only PRETENDING to be a retard!

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
gillard and abbot both did combined law. so in terms of comparing either of our political leaders by their educational and professional experience, they can only be reasonably judged by what they did after their undergraduate studies. gillard practiced law for 10 odd years, while abbot went to mooch off of a rhodes scholarship while completing a masters in wasing time, which he later put to good use as he joined and dropped out of seminary, all the while making a piss poor attempt at being a journalist.
oh man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)