• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Too slow? (2 Viewers)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
Hehe ^^ my mobile is my diary, calender with alarm and event reminders, <3 technology. :)
lol. i just like using my organiser/ diary. it is soo much more faster and easier to write down stuff.

go old school! =D

*hi5* to everyone who uses my technique =D

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Yeah I keep a normal diary too, except I keep 'losing' it so I randomly write sticky notes and
stick them around places that I hope won't fall off and I hope I'll see it in time. :)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeah I'm a slow writer sometimes. I've been practising essays for AOS english, and I get pretty frustrated because I want to speed up my writing but it's hard to improve in a short time. I usually blame my pen, or my technique of writing, or how I hold my pen etc.
Sometimes I can write fast, efficiently and confidently, and somtimes I just make a scribble trying to write quicker without actually thinking of what I'm writing about.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yoakim said:
Yeah I'm a slow writer sometimes. I've been practising essays for AOS english, and I get pretty frustrated because I want to speed up my writing but it's hard to improve in a short time. I usually blame my pen, or my technique of writing, or how I hold my pen etc.
Sometimes I can write fast, efficiently and confidently, and somtimes I just make a scribble trying to write quicker without actually thinking of what I'm writing about.
trust me, when the time comes, u'll be able to finish the essay in time. =]

my writing speed increased from 2 1/2 pages a4 -> 4 a4 pages in 40 minutes or so
lol

that's an approximation though.

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
2opinion8d said:
Hi pari:wave:

I'm slow worker too that strives under pressure...
Who cares if ur a bit slower than everywhen else... would you rather work faster and produce something of poor quality...

e.g. English essays take me a really long time when I first write them... my mind has to be directed towars it fully and I actually have to "feel" like writing... if I don't ...i wont produce my best. I like working slow and hard on them the first time, rather than speeding through them to hand them in only to find the teacher massively editing it...so i have to go back.

My school friends are faster than me and i sumtimes I get nervous when they seem to have "everything done"... its good to keep up with them but don't let it get to... understand that your unique and have your own methods that work for u.

You'll do great!

to going slow! :)
Yeah it's good to work slowly so that you'll produce your best effort. I only skimmed through the other comments so I don't really know if this has been mentioned, but timetables are a negative form of motivation.. but of course if you can follow them, then good on ya. Maybe use one of those wall year planners and write your due dates on there 3 days earlier than the actual due dates. Also, you're probably not writing as fast because it's the holidays and you don't really feel the pressure yet. Just practise writing responses to alot of different questions and really learn your texts and once you get into that exam, stress will make you write that magnificent 8+ page essay in 40 mins:D;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)