• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

uac offer - early and feburarry round (1 Viewer)

1990a

HSC
hey was wondering if someone could help me out im a bit confused.

okay. i accepted my offer for my first preference occupational therapy in early round. now i just changed my preferences making occupational therapy my 2nd preference and health science my first preference. now just wondering if i will get an offer for health science in the main round as that is the course i want to do ( assuming i meet the uai cut off).

thanks

Solano17

AussieYAnKee
HSC
my understanding of the process is that you are eleigible to receive an offer for health science and then be able to choose which offer you want to take. i hope this is right im in a similar situation

kim3478

HSC
are both preferences with uws? i'm in the same situation..

astroe

HSC
I thought that if you accept your first preference, you will no longer be eligible for future subsequent rounds.

Here's the page from the UAC guide.

(the blue shaded box)
And sorry for blowing up the page. :p

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
^ If you've changed your preferences though, you'll be considered for the new highest preference (in OP's case: health science) in later rounds. Then if you receive more than one offer, you choose which one to accept.

kim3478

HSC
yeah, i made the arts one first in the hope they'll offer me one for that, even if i accepted the first offer already..

astroe

HSC
I'm confused..

So say I get into my first preference in the Main round, and accept it, but then choose to rearrange my preferences, so does that mean I can have the chance to still get offers for all the other courses in subsequent rounds?

So I'd still have the initial 1st preference which I've accepted and have securely, but also will get more offers in the next rounds for the courses that weren't my first preference - and be able to take up those subsequent offers should I receive any?

kim3478

HSC
i think so, as long as when you rearranged ur preferences you put the next course you want offered first...maybe? and so forth..

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Yes.

I got a main round offer in 2008 for B.A at Macquarie (first preference), accepted that. Then I changed around my preferences and got a late round offer for B.A at UWS (new first preference), accepted that one and withdrew my acceptance from Mac.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)