• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

uncomfortable chairs (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
when i went to USyd for a lecture in Modenr History for Grade 12, their chairs were old, made of wood and were a pain in the butt, literally.

but when i went to UWS for Enrolment, i went to the werrinton south campus and the chairs in there were nice and comfortable , just like my old school's new lecture theatre.

so i assumed that Kingswood would be the same...but no! its all of those plastic crap thati used to swing on at school, except that they feel crappier and they are bolted to i cant even swing!

so the rule learnt here is: Never assume, leads to assumptions.

:p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
lol...all the ones i have been in at my uni are reasonably comfy...except after two hours, they start to get a bit how-ya-goin

but the stools in my bio lab are a shocker, 3 hours on them and your back is dead!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
the lecture seats at UWS Banx are nice and comfy, although after 2 straight lectures you get a bit restless. The chairs in the tutes are just your regular plastic ergonomic seats. Nothing to have a sook over.

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
Hate those lecture chairs...the fold away table keeps falling down!
and its so small, you cant even move...

santaslayer

HSC
all the ones in UOW that i've been on are all really comfy.....their all cushioned and it feels like ur sitting on one of tjhose aeroplane seats.....the only thing missing is a cup/can holder and sum nice food......lol

Poider

Bio lab ones are pain in the bum but besides that i've found most chairs ok, even the plastic ones arent too bad, trust me i've had worse!

adamj

Originally posted by MonkEE
Hate those lecture chairs...the fold away table keeps falling down!
and its so small, you cant even move...
Tell me about it! Every five minutes someone taps you on the shoulder and asks if you can pick up a pen that flew off the table. Also people play footsies retrieving their stationary.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
All i know is that they are uncomfortable expecially in bio pracs, they are stools with no backs and i can't sit there for three hours. Thank good that you lecturer is nice and gives us breaks all the time!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i saw some comfy chairs in usyd on the open day

and i hate squeaky chairs

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Most of the chairs at UTS are pretty good, except most of the newer lecture theatres in Building 2 and 5 have the seats too close together and barely any leg room! I get tired from sitting in those seats and I'm short, so I feel sorry for the tall people =\. There are still some lecture theatres with old plastic seats, but usually I get the nicer ones.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
this is a uws thread jase

no need to make us all jealous with ur UTS quality chairs :p

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I didn't mean convey such a message, I was just merely commenting about the topic :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)