• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Unfairness???? (1 Viewer)

jessied

HSC
ok how's this for unfairness...

In my 3unit maths class I came equal 1st, my report said I was 1st, my teacher told me I was 1st, worked out the classes marks and I was 1st my .2 of a mark but cos of rounding and stuff I ended up equal first... Not complaining about that at all..

At the awards presentation I get my awards, including one for coming EQUAL SECOND in 3unit maths with 3 other people and the guy who came 1st with me gets the award for coming 1st.. I mean WTF!! so I talked the head of maths and he's like no the marks I sent into the BOS said that you were equal 1st!!

So I'm not sure what happened there, hoping that on the 11th of Novemeber when I check my ranks that it says I'm 1st...

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
jessied said:
ok how's this for unfairness...

In my 3unit maths class I came equal 1st, my report said I was 1st, my teacher told me I was 1st, worked out the classes marks and I was 1st my .2 of a mark but cos of rounding and stuff I ended up equal first... Not complaining about that at all..

At the awards presentation I get my awards, including one for coming EQUAL SECOND in 3unit maths with 3 other people and the guy who came 1st with me gets the award for coming 1st.. I mean WTF!! so I talked the head of maths and he's like no the marks I sent into the BOS said that you were equal 1st!!

So I'm not sure what happened there, hoping that on the 11th of Novemeber when I check my ranks that it says I'm 1st...
damn, that sucks. I'd be hounding my school about it. I hope you get the rank you deserve.

I actually think in that situation you should be outright first. I mean, come on, the assesment schedule is meant to differentiate students, and if you are ahead, albiet by a small increment, then you 1st! You won!

And well done on getting outright first to the original poster, my worries have also been put to rest and my 1st's are all absolute.

jessied

HSC
I'll hound my school if BOS says that my rank is 2nd, until then there's not much I can do about it... I think they just gave it to him cos he's "supposed" to be smarter than me and came 1st in 2U.. You go to trinity right??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)