• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni nerves? (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Kewl. Cya there man

Im pretty glad that the tutorial classes are like way smaller than the lectures. I think a smaller group is better = easier to concerntrate and shit. A chik from my skool is doing the same course as me, but we rnt friends (dont know each other). Maybe shell be in my tuts (not that i care either way lol)

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
in the tutorials.. u do heaps of like, 1 person stands up.. explains something they've learnt and other people ask questions.
U also get explained assignments n shit.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Really? That sounds pretty alrite. I got a bit of a phobia of public speaking inront of a huge audience :( but int he tuts it will be a small group so i should b ok

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Don't worry ... within a semester of uni you will overcome your fears of public speaking.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Teehee i love public speaking =]. I totally rocked at my graduation, giving the yr12 address and all. *stands all proud*. I also teared..but THATS another story

michelleanne

HSC
Generally, class presentations are in the tuts, and tuts are small in number..... so its not like u will be speaking in front of heaps of people....

also at times there will be group presentations... so that should make u less nervous... u have other ppl to feel nervous with.....

in spring last year... i had a tut for a unit in the largest lectur theatre at parra.. don't know why it was timetabled there. Anyhow, we had a group presentation and it was kind of funny on the stage... presenting in a huge lecture theatre in front of about a dozen ppl.

Also, if u have access to a laptop...... powerpoint presenations can be great.... good way of presenting and saves money... no overheads.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
michelleanne, thats a good point about laptops and powerpoint presentations :uhhuh: not only is it easier and cheaper than using overheads ... but you can use powerpoint to gain more marks, which is always good.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They won't mark you on what laptop you use :p so it doesn't matter. And they might have laptops, always better to ask before hand, but usually they don't.

lol, last year for a presentation our group had to do a conservation presentation and we put the grim reaper at the end, and we got extra marks :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It should be fine. cause they generally connect it up so your powerpoint looks like an overhead projector.

michelleanne

HSC
any laptop brand will be okay...usually u have to go to the audiovidual centre and get the projector.... this is the case with parra and penrith and then return it when u r done..... students just have to book in reserve one..

if u r lucky enough to be in a room that has all the facilities for powerpoint projection... all u need is the laptap and usually they have a data cable there....

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
psyfre said:
Nervous!?! :p i cant wait! lol - new people new teachers new campus new environemnt...wat could b better.

Accept Change - Dont fight it.
lol. damn straight.

klh

HSC
lol, in accounting we were supposed to go up and present our presentations but the tutorer forgot about it and told us to just hand them in. most of us got full marks, except for some poor guy whose group didnt bother to help him, but the lecturer gave him an extension though.
what to be nervous about??? you meet the poeple at the course based sessions, make some friends and then when uni starts you have someone to talk to and stuff. same whenyour in tutes. just be open and tlak to people and then you forget about your nerves and then just start worrying about the big amount of h/w to come next week.

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
i hear there's a contest in uws to find the fittest person..
yea but like, would a Macintosh be ok or what?
Wats the thing about the fittest person?? when

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)