• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

uni preferences (1 Viewer)

Yip

HSC
Hello
Ive been giving my choice of preferences a great deal of thought lately, but cannot really decide on which course to place first; I really enjoy, and am decent at doing math and am considering a course in actuarial studies. Im not sure about whether to choose Macq or UNSW. I also heard of Macquarie's 4k scholarship for ppl who get above 99.5. However, only ppl who put macquarie in their preferences previously got the letter concerning this. Would i still be eligible for this scholarship if i were to put macquarie as first preference today, which is the last day for main round preferences?Also my UAI (99.65) opens up a lot of options, most notably Usyd/UNSW law courses. But I'm concerned about my english; is an 84 in advanced english a sufficient level to do well in a law degree? Sorry for this question-riddled post, ive been away in hk ever since the uai came out, havent had a lot of time to ponder about what to do in uni until recently. Thanks for any replies

hellomike

HSC
Do what you feel you want to do most and for the next number of years. Don't just look at it in terms of what you have achieved and mark a tick or cross next to a course. If your interests are in Law and you see a career from it then choose it first. You just have to ask whether the environment or whether or not you feel comfortable at Mac or UNSW.

haque

HSC
Hi Yip, congrats on ur uai-u are more than decent at mahs lol and my advice(counts for very little) would be to study at Macq actuarial studies, u're better suited to it than law and u'll get paid more lol. The scholarship is also good-so i'd recommend macq.
PS-i think i might be dropping actuarial studies co-op thing, it would have been great to go through uni with u man.

All the best(whatever course u take u should do well with ur uai)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)