• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UNSW Student Discount???????? (1 Viewer)

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
Hi, i have completed my HSC this year and was planning to purchase a laptop. But I wasnt sure whether i should buy it before i go to Uni or whether i should wait becasue if i do go to UNSW i heard that there was a student discount when purchasing laptops, is this true? if so then i would buy when i go to uni.....can u please give me ur opinions

regards

sparkerasp

HSC
I'm quite sure that the discount is for Apple laptops only (i.e. Macbooks). My advice would be to restrain from getting one until you have actually experienced what uni is like. Then decide if you need one or not. If you do, then by all means, go and get one.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
sparkerasp said:
I'm quite sure that the discount is for Apple laptops only (i.e. Macbooks). My advice would be to restrain from getting one until you have actually experienced what uni is like. Then decide if you need one or not. If you do, then by all means, go and get one.
I think you should read the OP again.

He wants to buy laptop, but is willing to delay the purchase if he gets UNSW student discount. And we only get discuonts (afaik) from the on-campus apple store.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
...but macbooks are expensive anyways, like 1700-1800, not sure how much discount, but u can get much better deals from other places, eg xmas sales, post xmas sale. My laptop was from Myer, laptop came with laptop shoulder bag, 250gb portable hard drive, mouse, and microsoft office home and student. The deal was for $1999, but with haggling and 3% employee discount i got it for $1500.

The cheapest macbook i can find on apple.com.au is for $ 1,569.00, so yeah.. shop around.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i think so. Go apple.com.au, then go to student discount place, then select unsw, the price i noted, $ 1,569.00, was the cheapest 13" macbook, not sure if discount was accounted for.
And the CompNow (i think its called) store at uni has all apple and mac stuff, but it randomly has 1 HP laptop on display in the corner somewhere. Cant remember price of top of my head, but srsly shop around, look for deals from myer, bing lee, officeworks, maybe even online dell, whatever ur interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)