• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

updated values of clueless (1 Viewer)

kalinda

HSC
i was just wondering what the bearing of multiculturalism has on the film. Or is heckerling just tryin to state something - if so what?

also i know that Clueless has the values of Multiculturalism and consumerism - is there any other values in clueless but not in Emma?

blind_one1

kalinda said:
i was just wondering what the bearing of multiculturalism has on the film. Or is heckerling just tryin to state something - if so what?

also i know that Clueless has the values of Multiculturalism and consumerism - is there any other values in clueless but not in Emma?
This one is weird, and it is best to find other values to talk about, because the people that said "Clueless is multi-cultural because it has black and jewish people in it" would have done better if they didn't mention it at all.

If you have to use it though, you might want to broaden it into Amy Heckeling saying something about the "deviant" characters in the film, who are all wearing blue instead of pink or black in the last scene at the wedding... Which is ironic because they are meant to be marginalised, but instead they are highlighted in the scene. (Still, its a bit of a "where's wally" to find the only stated homosexual character, Cristian, in any of the frames.) So is Amy Heckeling a racist homophobic? probably not, but who knows.

Cheezy-G

Values

This may not answer your question but one thing that Emma has got that Clueless hasn't is the value of Marriage. In the 19th century marriage was crucial to a person's particulalry a women's status and weatlh. Since clueless is set in a High school, marriage has been appropriated maybe to dating and teen relationships- Changing context - changing Values

Kulazzi

HSC
is this for an english assessment task? 'Cos it sounds like mine from your post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)