• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Urgent Transfer Question (1 Viewer)

Hybrid92

HSC
I just finished my first year at UWS studying B.Arts, and I'm applying for B.Arts at USyd.

My ATAR was 72.15 but my GPA is 5.250 (out of the 8 units in 2010 I got 2 P's, 3 C's, 2 D's and 1 HD).

What are the chances of me getting into B.Arts at USyd?

Also, when are the offers of transferring university students announced? I haven't got any offers for December and early January rounds... and I was under the impression that we would know our offers before the 2010 Year 12 kids?

Thanks.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
You'll definitely get it.

My UAI was 75.50 and I had a GPA of about 4.9 after my first year and I got into B Science/B Arts in my second year, for which the ATAR requirement is similar.

They only take your uni results if you had a crap UAI/ATAR.

Don't stress. :p

And you find out the same time as the HSC kids.

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
You'll definitely get it.

My UAI was 75.50 and I had a GPA of about 4.9 after my first year and I got into B Science/B Arts in my second year, for which the ATAR requirement is similar.

They only take your uni results if you had a crap UAI/ATAR.

Don't stress. :p

And you find out the same time as the HSC kids.
+1

Hybrid92

HSC
Thanks for the info, really appreciated.

And nice DP there, myst1fy ;)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
If you just finished first year then UAC transfer only takes your ATAR or your WAM/GPA, whichever ones greater. For other subsequent year they only use your uni mark.

Hybrid92

HSC
Also, another question; what would UWS GPA 5.250 be in ATAR terms. How/where do I convert it?

Mathy

HSC
Also, another question; what would UWS GPA 5.250 be in ATAR terms. How/where do I convert it?
This was posted a while ago but because of the changes, is not availiable in that thread so I uploaded it for everyone.
This is in terms of UAI so convert UAI to ATAR using the next link.
http://rapidshare.com/files/439889435/SCU_Selection_Schedule.pdf
http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/ATAR-Conversion-Table.pdf

So a 5.25 GPA (after 1 year FTE) is equivalent to a UAI of 91 which is a 91.75 ATAR.

sAppY..

HSC
This was posted a while ago but because of the changes, is not availiable in that thread so I uploaded it for everyone.
This is in terms of UAI so convert UAI to ATAR using the next link.
http://rapidshare.com/files/439889435/SCU_Selection_Schedule.pdf
http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/ATAR-Conversion-Table.pdf

So a 5.25 GPA (after 1 year FTE) is equivalent to a UAI of 91 which is a 91.75 ATAR.

Hi Mathy, I can't seem to access your file on rapidshare, it says file not found when i tries to open it. Can you post it up again? Many thx.

gyzard07

HSC
Hi Mathy , with the GPA/UAi convert table that u provided, just the wondering is it the updatest one ? Also in P.4 (Schdule 3) , is 7 the highest GDP in that table ? SAY , if i have a GDP (4.5/7) ,UWS, does that mean i have an atar of 86 for this yr ??? thx

Mathy

HSC
Hi Mathy , with the GPA/UAi convert table that u provided, just the wondering is it the updatest one ? Also in P.4 (Schdule 3) , is 7 the highest GDP in that table ? SAY , if i have a GDP (4.5/7) ,UWS, does that mean i have an atar of 86 for this yr ??? thx
Yes, I believe it is up to date. The table uses the 7-point GPA system used by many Australian Universities, and yes, if you have completed 1.0-2.99 FTE with a GPA of 4.5/7 your GPA is equivalent to a UAI of 86, but an ATAR of 87.15.

gyzard07

HSC
thx Mathy , also, though this has nth to do wif the table , i just found out that i i didint put my UWS student no on my application form , do u think thats gonna affect me or u reckon i should ring them up about this matter ?? thz

emilyj92

HSC
hey just wondering if you did get in?

I am in the middle of my first year of B.Arts at UWS and according to my marks this semester 2 D's 1 C and 1 P I pretty much have a GPA of around 5.25 so far.

Just wanna know if i really do have a chance next year at USYD.My ATAR was 67.95 :/ and the only reason why i got into arts at UWS was because I had really great internal marks (all band 5's) and just skrewed up the external exams (band 3's and 4's).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)