• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Visual Techniques (1 Viewer)

rajsc

HSC
Hi can someone list down some visual techniques.....those specific to a cartoon.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
ah just generally.....colour, words, font, size, setting of the cartoon, characters characteristics, VECTOR LINES!!... etc..

rajsc

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
ah just generally.....colour, words, font, size, setting of the cartoon, characters characteristics, VECTOR LINES!!... etc..
thank you...have u seen BLUFFMASTER?
lol
anywayz
VECTOR LINES.....hmmmmmmm
they are like arrows pointing to something
i dont have any of those in my cartoon.

Gummy_bear

HSC
Vector lines are like the line of sight, things in the cartoon that direct the viewers eyesight. Though, i didnt study this much so correct me if im wrong, though im pretty sure im right as i just helped my brother on an assignment ^^

Oh, and next time you have a question such as this, please use search first so you can see any other similar threads, and trust me there are many.
Also, many of the important threads at the top will have information on things like this.

qo

HSC
could anyone tell me some visual techniques plax:confused:

lscholz

HSC
Also close-up of faces that show emotions and reactions to frames beforehand's happenings.

Yeah, colour, vector lines, setting, ect.

Kat92

HSC
Hi can someone list down some visual techniques.....those specific to a cartoon.
Framing
Angle
Lighting
Shutter speed
Editing

Setting
Colour
Object
Body language
Fashion

Then underneath each of these rhymes comes further techniques. Sorry that I can't remember the rhyme and Acronyms for these additional ones (as I am trying to remember the rhymes that my teacher made us learn in yr 10). However, without the rhyme some include; Salience, vectors (often used for a demand or to show isolation), colour, text, juxtapostioning, etc.

Perhaps you should see if another member can help you out with the rhymes for the others as it really helps you to remember the techniques and you can easily count them off upon your fingers.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)