• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What are my chances? (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Originally posted by Wohzazz
means the same to me:( i'm not leaving NSW for uni
yer i guess.. i felt the same way last year.. :| so see how u go.. if u realli want to do med or dent .. i hope u get a chance.. but interstate increase those opportunities..

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
If you really REALLY wanted to do Medicine, you wouldn't care where. :)
Not really, uni location is a very big deal - after all you're going to be living there for so long if you move interstate.

Being Sydnian and moving back and forth between Newcastle and home is hard enough, i've found. It takes a lot of mental and physical willpower to do such a task. You have to cope with the stresses of being away from family and their support and you have to be physically and intellectually prepared to commandeer your way around foreign lands.

It also takes $$money. I'm going to be paying double my HECS just to stay in Newcastle, so some people simply can't afford it, regardless of their determination to do the course.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i agree with lexicographer...hence dragging my arse nearly halfway acroos the country.

where there's a will, there's a way

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Originally posted by inasero
i agree with lexicographer...hence dragging my arse nearly halfway acroos the country.

Hello? melb is not "nearly halfway acroos the country"?!?!? ... adel is.. :p lolz yer but moving anywhere is difficult but if u realli want to do dent or med .. get a job too to help minimise cost.. else it is 2 times ure HECS

Wohzazz

HSC

there's a way for anything but people need to see if it's WORTH it
i don't think studying a course will be worth it if you not at the best (or at least one of the top) universities
consider how much of a disadvantage you will be when you seek a job later on when you competing with people from better unis. After all, med. is for you future career and your life

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
HAVE YOU READ NOTHING POSTED ABOUT MEDICINE OVER THE LAST WEEK?

There IS NO BEST circle of universities for Medicine in Australia. They are all REGULATED. It does not MATTER where you go, but that you WENT and DID!

Wohzazz

HSC

There IS NO BEST circle of universities for Medicine in Australia. They are all REGULATED. It does not MATTER where you go, but that you WENT and DID!
no not really... but now i do
chill...
but it is still hard convince myself that there is no better university than others for med
i mean even for high schools, someone who goes to a selective school will be more recognised as 'intelligent' than a normal student, people inevitably make these judgements based on universities and i think institutions do also
please excuse me if i said anything wrong again...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ok sorry for blasting you, and calling you a retard in the other thread. But I'm so sick of answering the SAME questions and debunking the SAME misconceptions about med, over and over again, every day.

Please, when you see me flame, don't take me too seriously.

Anyway, with high schools you are getting a bunch of kids doing whatever damn subjects they like and performing variously. With medicine you don't get that choice, the only difference between institutions is the method of delivery.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC

LOL - omg, you've all set Lexico off again with your petty ignorances. Gee Lex, I hope you're not this serious in real life, otherwise you might need professional help buddy ;)

lol, sorry.

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC

How bout the reputation of the alumni? lik USYD ova say Griffith

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yes, there does seem to be a casual "ranking" being thrown around. For example Newcastle and USyd (grad) Meds are reputed to handle medical problems better than say UNSW, but these differences tend not to big enough to worry about when choosing your university.

Edit: Chudy, one day I'm going to mangle your account or something. :p Please delete that link, I don't want that thread resurrected.

Also, does anyone want me to write a thread about the application procedures for Undergraduate and Graduate Medicine? It'll seriously give people no excuse to be misinformed.

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Yes, there does seem to be a casual "ranking" being thrown around. For example Newcastle and USyd (grad) Meds are reputed to handle medical problems better than say UNSW, but these differences tend not to big enough to worry about when choosing your university.

Edit: Chudy, one day I'm going to mangle your account or something. :p Please delete that link, I don't want that thread resurrected.

Also, does anyone want me to write a thread about the application procedures for Undergraduate and Graduate Medicine? It'll seriously give people no excuse to be misinformed.
mabbe do u hav that much time?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I don't know, I'll see how I feel this weekend. Probably not actually, I still have a week of rockin' chem to learn.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC

CHUDYMASTER lives forever.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC

lol- sydney to melb. is not half way across the country! :p

and yes, it will b good if u wrote up a good thread abt. the procedures for medicine lexi...btw- why u learning chemistry- u in the bridging course? :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
lol- sydney to melb. is not half way across the country! :p
Depends if you count it as geographically or if you just take the important bit (ie Vic, NSW and part of QLD)

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Haha YES! Just pretend that the other medical schools are little islands surrounded by irrelevance.
You're being sarcastic yeah? hehe, almost thought you'd loosened up, heehee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)