• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What can I do if I preformed bad in trials and I wanna get 90+ ATAR (2 Viewers)

Fazeenmeinu

HSC
In year 12, for internals in term 1 is preformed averagely (Passing everything). In term 2, I didn't preform as great so I failed like two subjects, but In term three I go 80's for most my subjects which are English adv, math std, modern history, Legal studies, but I didn't pass for biology. I just took my trials and honestly I think I didn't preform well for math, modern and biology.

Do you think there is still a way, despite my disgusting performance in internals to get a 90+ ATAR?

If I step up my game, will my bad internals push me down significantly?

spiderfan44

HSC
this stuff more of depends on ranking and such, like if youre ranking quite well internally then it shouldnt be too bad, but if youre ranking poorly its going to impact you more. i dont know if youre going to get a 90+, but even if you dont know just try your hardest anyways to do well in hsc. also keep in mind that a lot of degrees have adjustment factors, a lot of degrees will add atar points based on your performance in relevant subjects.

Fazeenmeinu

HSC
this stuff more of depends on ranking and such, like if youre ranking quite well internally then it shouldnt be too bad, but if youre ranking poorly its going to impact you more. i dont know if youre going to get a 90+, but even if you dont know just try your hardest anyways to do well in hsc. also keep in mind that a lot of degrees have adjustment factors, a lot of degrees will add atar points based on your performance in relevant subjects.
I wanna get into law, also my ranks were not as bad, so for the subjects I preformed poorly in, alot of students did worse aswell. But Thanks, that means alot!

Neogotmyback

HSC
I wanna get into law, also my ranks were not as bad, so for the subjects I preformed poorly in, alot of students did worse aswell. But Thanks, that means alot!
Don't stress about your atar for getting into law. I know of people who didn't go so greatly with their atar, so they applied for a different social science degree and then transferred after a year. All will work out just try your best.

pablo34

HSC
N/A
In year 12, for internals in term 1 is preformed averagely (Passing everything). In term 2, I didn't preform as great so I failed like two subjects, but In term three I go 80's for most my subjects which are English adv, math std, modern history, Legal studies, but I didn't pass for biology. I just took my trials and honestly I think I didn't preform well for math, modern and biology.

Do you think there is still a way, despite my disgusting performance in internals to get a 90+ ATAR?

"If I step up my game, will my bad internals push me down". What the Fudge is that supposed to mean cause either way you have to "step up" your game. Don't worry about your internals cause there's nothing you can do about it... The only thing you can change is how you perform in the HSC and maybe if you "step up" your game you can achieve a 90+ atar. Its really that simple...

sanarysurmer

HSC

Whats ur current ranks and school ranking

Fazeenmeinu

HSC
Whats ur current ranks and school ranking
I do Eng adv and my rank out of 169 is 35, My rank for Legal studies is 20/69, For Modern it is 30/64, and my rank for math and bio is really bad, for bio I'm still in the upper 50% but for math I'm in the lower (I do standard math)

Fazeenmeinu

HSC
Math standard might drag you down a bit. depends on your schools performance if you have like your school ranking? Getting a 90 with these ranks is possible but its gonna require a LOT of effort in boosting your HSC external significantly.
Yh, I'm hoping I could get band 6 in eng and hoepfully legal and modern for hsc, and hoping to get band 5 in bio and math if it's possible.

axe

HSC

get early entry

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560

do you think its possible?
Pinpointing OP's current level of performance would require specific ranks across her subjects. However, from the information provided, and given my familiarity with SMSHS's current HSC cohort, I can offer some insight.

OP's internal performance does not appear consistent with a 90+ ATAR. While there has been some gradual improvement, it is unlikely to have resulted in rank improvements significant enough that they would ensure sufficiently high Assessment Marks across her subjects. With that being said, I doubt that a 90+ ATAR is completely out of reach, although I will note that it will be a difficult challenge. Favourable performance in the HSC exams will allow OP to improve her overall performance across her subjects and increase her chances of achieving either a 90+ ATAR or an ATAR closer to 90. This will of course depend on the specific standard at which OP performs in her HSC exams, not to mention that marks considered favourable can differ across subjects. For example, considering OP's subject combination, mid-high band 5's in English Advanced and Modern History as well as band 6's in Mathematics Standard, Legal Studies and Biology would constitute favourable HSC exam performance. However, maximising her chances of achieving her ATAR goal would ideally entail aiming for band 6's across her subjects.

As I mentioned, this will be difficult, although there is plenty of time to study before HSC exams start, so it is worth trying. Additionally, one should keep in mind the possibility of having adjustment factors applied to their selection rank (depending on university and degree). In the event that OP fails to achieve a 90+ ATAR, she may still be able to have a 90+ selection rank.

I hope this helps! 😄

Fazeenmeinu

HSC
Pinpointing OP's current level of performance would require specific ranks across her subjects. However, from the information provided, and given my familiarity with SMSHS's current HSC cohort, I can offer some insight.

OP's internal performance does not appear consistent with a 90+ ATAR. While there has been some gradual improvement, it is unlikely to have resulted in rank improvements significant enough that they would ensure sufficiently high Assessment Marks across her subjects. With that being said, I doubt that a 90+ ATAR is completely out of reach, although I will note that it will be a difficult challenge. Favourable performance in the HSC exams will allow OP to improve her overall performance across her subjects and increase her chances of achieving either a 90+ ATAR or an ATAR closer to 90. This will of course depend on the specific standard at which OP performs in her HSC exams, not to mention that marks considered favourable can differ across subjects. For example, considering OP's subject combination, mid-high band 5's in English Advanced and Modern History as well as band 6's in Mathematics Standard, Legal Studies and Biology would constitute favourable HSC exam performance. However, maximising her chances of achieving her ATAR goal would ideally entail aiming for band 6's across her subjects.

As I mentioned, this will be difficult, although there is plenty of time to study before HSC exams start, so it is worth trying. Additionally, one should keep in mind the possibility of having adjustment factors applied to their selection rank (depending on university and degree). In the event that OP fails to achieve a 90+ ATAR, she may still be able to have a 90+ selection rank.

I hope this helps! 😄
This does, Thanks so much!

coolcat6778

Banned
HSC

No.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)