• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what did u think of WW1 (1 Viewer)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
i know its the core and evrything but OMG could it get any more boring? the battles were ok but the treaty of versailles cmon i could barely stay awake!!!!!!!!!!!! heres hoping that germany is better...

WE NEED 2 GET THIS FORUM GOING!
::headbang: HOW COOL IS THIS SMILIE??????? go the rockers!

Fi

WW1 is Ok and can be really exciting at times. It was interesting to learn about war tactics and trench warfare.
The Treaty of Versailles would play a big part in Germany, as it was used as a means of Nazi propaganda, u'll learn of the so-called November criminals and what happened to those who signed the treaty. ohhh I miss history:( :(

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I thought it was OK-but our teacher taught it to us really badly. We just watched video after video instead of actually going through syllabus points...when the exams came around I realised I didn't know anything I needed to!

I also thought the actual HSC questions on WW1 were pathetic...I think I would have gotton the same mark had I walked into that exam without studying WW1 at all. The sources were soooo straightforward! I think I only mentioned stuff from my own knowledge once-everything else was straight from the sources, and even though I knew other stuff and could have gone into more depth, there wasn't really enough time or marks allocated to allow that. :(

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You REALLY need to know your WWI stuff for Germany, specially the end of the war with things like the Armistice and the Treaty of Versailles. Our class didn't really do anything last year and now our new teacher has to teach us the end part of the topic because you HAVE to know it for Germany.

1 more

fructis
HSC
i loved studying WWI, particularly as Fi said, in the context of it being such an apt precursor to our national study, Germany.

i also loved the format of that section. lots of fun. :disco:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It wasn't horribly horrible but it isn't that great either..... I think the best part was leanring about the women's role and the social change that came about from the role they played.

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
the oly thing cool interesting about WWI is trench warface and raids............
.........and French people...

malayz_angel

I thought the Treaty of Versailles/League of NAtions was alright actually, but then we saw quite a few boring vids too. I didn't much pay attention to the stuff about trench warfare.

"If nobody's perfect then I want to be nobody."

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
hey malatz I noticed ur manually typing in your sig, got to user cp and put it in your sig-it will come up automatically:)

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
I loved all the battles and stuff but when it came to women in WW1 and civilians and all that.

GOD

What a bore

B

Bambul

WWI was my favorite topic in all of modern history (the subject as in year 11 and 12, not the time period). There was so little on propaganda, civilian life, etc compared to other topics, I loved it. Even more than Arab-Israeli conflict, which was interesting and had loads of wars to boot!

Though I didn't like Russia, mainly the pre-Stalin bit, that bored me to death.

But I think I may be the exception to the rule here.

malayz_angel

I quite liked the bits about propaganda and the League of Nations. The post-war Britain wasn't that interesting but I did like the roles that women played during the war and how their wages were raised to 2/3 of men's. Go the suffragettes! :p

we're right in the middle of ww1 now... i think it's interesting, but we've just jumped from ww2 in the pacific so that gets a little confusing (then we'll jump back to ww2 in germany?!?!). i thought i'd hate all the trench warfare stuff but it's actually quite cool - esp when you compare the german trenches to those poor old allies... all those ppl who watched vids, did any of you see 'all's quiet on the western front"? we're seeing that this week apparently... yawn

craz

HSC
I think WW1 is interesting. It's a catalyst for all these other wars, we always get sidetracked by talking about some other country which does the same thing! It was fascinating but now we're doing the national studies

mon_mon

HSC
I think WW1 is interesting. It's a catalyst for all these other wars, we always get sidetracked by talking about some other country which does the same thing!
True. at least, if your talking of the big hunk of cheese that is the USA. what a crock. but moving on.
You say that WW1 was a catalyst for lot of other stuff, but then go back even furthur to Bismarck and the Unification of Germany. and then from there you can go back to Napoleon! So, while WW1 was a catalyst, it was going to happen years before. Personally, i found WW1 quite interesting, with the battles and what not. Did anyone else go to the lecture by Chris Condon? he made WW1 for me.

d3adgurL

ww1 is soooo boringg.. and long! the i only reason why i chose modern history was because i was goot at it but i regret it nows...choosing easy subjects was a mistake

craz

HSC
ww1 is sooooo boring
i disagree. i chose history because i enjoy it and can do well in it. if u dont have any interest why choose it anyways. yeah...and all the current events do go back even b4 ww1. history repeats itself especially with the USA! sometimes choosing easy subjects is a good thing it can get u into uni. history is sucha big topic and we can discuss so much about it too. WW1 is interesting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)