• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What happens if you don't get a ATAR that can get you into any UNI? (1 Viewer)

jnney

lemon
HSC
You don't have to go to university or tafe, perhaps you'd like to pursue other interests at private institutions such as film school etc. But if after 13 years of education you're just going to mope around mindlessly, i think that's pretty pathetic. Dont waste your life away, do something useful and worthwhile.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Seriously just be getting Yr 12 you're way more employable than someone who stopped turning up to school in yr 9 essentially. Not everyone needs a bachelor to get a decent job. But if you need one, yeah, there are other pathways with a lower ATAR.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
pretty sure if you try in yr 12, u can easily get a high enough atar to get into uni. if u tried and still failed, then im sorry but you are trash. srsly, its not hard to get 65+.

Gigacube

HSC
I'm not a "troll." I am just a Year 10 student who wants to know, and yes I have met people who told me that if you can't go to UNI, then you like can't get a job.
No, that's false. There are other ways to get a job. You can also get an apprenticeship or traineeship.

You shouldn't believe what everyone says.

If you don't get the ATAR you want then you can repeat the HSC or go to a college or a program such as UTS: Insearch which allows you to enter uni after a year or two of studying with great results. People go to TAFE because it's more hands-on & it gives you skills to get the job & it's a cheaper alternative to UTS: Insearch.

Don't look down on people who go to TAFE. Some of them achieve great ATARs but choose to go to TAFE because it gives them the skills to get a job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)