• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What is the chance of SOR 1 extended response... (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
Chances of asking for a specific area such as Significant person, ethics or practice ???

I was told to prepare to write all 3 in 1 essay. I have wrote an essay on it and currently practicing writing all 3. But I don't want to start panicking when the question only asks for 1 area.... What are the chances of asking 1 area only ?????

smartalec

HSC
you might as well ask us questions like the meaning and purpose of life, because nobody will know.
however in all honesty and in my opinion, I think it will probably be another extract one and they will TELL us to do all 3 or something.

jamesfirst

HSC
you might as well ask us questions like the meaning and purpose of life, because nobody will know.
however in all honesty and in my opinion, I think it will probably be another extract one and they will TELL us to do all 3 or something.
Me too because my SOR teacher was full teaching us to incorporate all 3. I think there is a high possibility that it'll be all 3.

He's a senior SOR coordinator btw - HSC marker.

D94

HSC
N/A
From 2007 to 2009, they were focused on a point in the syllabus. But 2010 was a bit different as it asked for how the religion affects adherents; I guess this would cover all aspects of what is usually covered in Section 2.

But really, you've got to know everything to do well in SOR1.

Last edited:

jamesfirst

HSC
From 2007 to 2009, they were focused on a point in the syllabus. But 2010 was a bit different as it asked for how the religion affects adherents; I guess this would cover all aspects of what is usually covered in Section 2.

But really, you've got to know everything to do well in SOR1.

2009 and 2010 asked a question to incorporate all 3.

D94

HSC
N/A
2009 and 2010 asked a question to incorporate all 3.
This is going to be a confusing topic. Some Depth Studies asked for an overall impact (ie. use all 3), others asked for a focus on 1. Special emphasis on and/or in the questions, so whilst you can focus on all 3, you can still focus on 1.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
lol so true. I would rather over-prepared for 3, than be under prepared.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Short-medium response questions are almost always questions on singular topics, which means that chances of the essay combining all 3 topics of your other religion
You're better off knowing your shit on all 3 and from there you'll be able to incorporate them into a single essay based of the question

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Chances are high it will be like the last few years and incorporate 2-3 of the areas studied in the depth study, but I think there is a chance they could ask for a specific area. (if they ask anything about mohummad for Islam I am fucked. Lol)

jamesfirst

HSC
If it says to discuss significant person only, would it be alright to mention ethics and marriage if the person has taught in that area also ?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
does sor1 and sor 2 get the same extended responses?
The SoR2 paper is the SoR1 paper + Religion and non-religion, Religion and peace and you have to do an extra short answer religious depth study thingy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)