• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What is your favourite CD... (1 Viewer)

HSC
...and how would you describe its style.

I don't like listening to the radio much (too many adds), but because of this I'm kind of stuck in my own musical world - listening to the same CD's over and over again and rarely listening to new stuff. I want to find some new music to download from the internet.

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Just listen to Jpop or Jrock such as Nami Tamaki, TM revoulution, Kiyoharu, Dir en grey, Morning musume.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
i think my favourite cd of all is dusk at cubist castle by the olivia tremor control. i'd put it under the whole indie-pop genre of music but really it is so much more than that.

also listen to FBi 94.5, since you're in sydney and all

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
if you like real hip hop i strongly suggest 'big shots' by charizma and peanut butter wolf. you wont be disappointed..

Virious

HSC
i dont have a fav cd. i like to many songs from to many bands to choose just one cd.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Contraband by Velvet Revolver

An incredible album because this is the band Guns 'n Roses should have been. It's got an aggressive fuck-you, take-no-prisoners approach that sounds great. It might seem a bit odd to know that the album recounts the events surrounding and as a consequence of frontman Scott Weiland's messy divorce, but that is wat makes the album so brilliant. Sucker Train Blues is the events leading up to it, Do It For the Kids is the decision to stay together for the sake of the children, Big Machine relates the vocalist's view of the world in lieu of the separation, Illegal I Song is his frustration with his ex, Spectacle is about him deciding to stand his ground and fight, Fall to Pieces is the emotional consequences of the divorce when he slips back into the drug scene, Headspace is him trying to deal with everyone taking control, Superhuman is the search for another woman in his life, Set Me Free continues the struggle of the actual divorce, You Got No Right is when his ex crosses the line, Slither is about how they each try to destory the other, Dirty Little Thing is his feelings toward her when it's all over, and Loving the Alien is his realisation that he still loves his ex, but she's changed so much that he no longer recognises her.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I find GNR are a bit lacking because of their inability to settle on a constant line-up, which is reflected in the sound of more than one album. Don't get me wrong, they're good ... but they're not great.

K

Krazi-tekkaz

icraig88 said:
you can't half tell you're a lebo lover teenybopper..
wtf!! who said anything about being lebo?

you should definately read the "stereotyped bcoz of music" thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)