• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What makes a leader (1 Viewer)

omg_a

HSC
i think that a good leader is someone who isn't just walking in a direction, but has people actually following him/her. Also, to be a good leader, one does not have to be related in anyway to the military. Although many successful leaders have led through fear, i think the more difficult, and better way to lead is through having the respect of those you are leading. But having a particular position of leadership does not necessarily make you a good leader.

Comrade nathan

HSC
omg_a said:
i think that a good leader is someone who isn't just walking in a direction, but has people actually following him/her. Also, to be a good leader, one does not have to be related in anyway to the military. Although many successful leaders have led through fear, i think the more difficult, and better way to lead is through having the respect of those you are leading. But having a particular position of leadership does not necessarily make you a good leader.
The greatest leader i think would be Fidel Castro. 45 years after the revolution and his generations still looks up to him and his popular in the youth. He is one of the only leaders in Latin america and the third world to not set the military on his own people. He doesnt hold back his opinions and often openly criticises world leaders. Through the american trade blockade he has shown great leadership and with the fall of the USSR Castro and his team have lead the country through economic hardships. Cuba being a poor nation still sends forgien aid to developing countries.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
a good leader would double check his/her intelligence sources and be in control of what is going on and not simply accept what a few advisors say. Most of the most famous leaders i have studied in the years 700-1000AD warned their successors of this fact..........

hmmmmmm children over board affair............................
(seriously, i never believed that scandal from day one but our leader did! - NOT HAPPY)

timrie6

HSC
N/A
A good leader would not lie and constantly deceive his or her people for financial gain

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I actually need a good definition of leader for my upcoming Defence Force interview.
My half-assed definition is so:
A leader is a person who is respected by other team members, treats others with respect, provides motivation, and can exercise efficient management of personel and resources to complete a given task.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
timrie6 said:
A good leader would not lie and constantly deceive his or her people for financial gain
Yea ROFL I'm so stoopid, John Howard obviously makes more as PM than he ever would have as a well respected Lawyer :D

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
No, i'm not but if they brought back the draft I would go.
if they bring back the draft i'm going to do my best to leave this country

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Pussy, if they bring back the draft it will be because the security of the nation is at stake (ie, we're gunna get attacked) ...
i suppose it depends on the situation ay
if the nation was at stake i'd think differently

but if it's bullshit like vietnam then fuck off
i'm not dying for a phony threat

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I truely believe Howard is a great leader. I find it funny that you bitch about them being cosy etc from behind your computer screen, sitting on a nice comfy chair...
i reckon
we all know that real leaders sit on uncomforable chairs

HSC
i was going to say that if they reintroduce the draft i'm invoking my EU citizenship asap

but then i remembered that a) i'm a girl and b) i'm epileptic :D ohhhh yeah.

HSC
well i don't actually have it yet, but i'm eligible, so really its a matter of getting off my ass and filing the paperwork

was either of your parents born anywhere in the eu? cuz if so you can get citizenship.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
girlanachronism said:
well i don't actually have it yet, but i'm eligible, so really its a matter of getting off my ass and filing the paperwork

was either of your parents born anywhere in the eu? cuz if so you can get citizenship.
It depends on where you or your parents were born. I had to revoke my Austrian citizenship when I turned 18.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
a true leader is one who can put his money where his mouth is. dosent just talk a load of crap, but actually takes action..........hurray for Nusrallah :)

Last edited:

klh

HSC
A good leader would be Adolf Hitler. He created a vision and he knew how to achieve it. Also a good leader knows how to communicate his vision, like hitler-he spoke with emotional language to appeal to the germans (or aryans) his concept of 'struggle' The final solution and all, tho i dont support his policies and thinking...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)