• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What's the likelihood of the uai of 85 for engineering increasing or decreasing? (1 Viewer)

M@ster P

HSC
More questions:

Would you predict that the engineering shortage will get worse or better particularly in civil in ten years time?

In the course civil engineering, are there usually vacancies or is the course usually filled up by the time all the offers have been accepted?

What do civil engineers do?

Does it really matter what uni you go to since there is a currently an engineering shortage? Say for example does going to a certain uni make you more employable or better equipped with the skills needed.

Last edited:

idiosynchratic

HSC
Currently the UAI for an engineering course is 85 points. It has been increase for the past couple of years.

You can increase your points by doing a number of things, please check this website for more information. Hope this helps.
https://support.eng.uts.edu.au/entry/

dim987654321

HSC
it will increase, kids are getting the picture that engineering esp civil is in a shortage. for e.g. i just finished my first year and my tutors were saying that they had problems finding places for civil kids this year cos there was such a big intake. so yep, i'm sure the UAI will increase due to the increase in no of ppl coming into the course.

bigboyjames01

Banned
HSC
civil has a massive dropout rate aswell...rock up to a 3rd year or 4th year subject and there are around 50 people in the lecuture room

M@ster P

HSC
bigboyjames01 said:
civil has a massive dropout rate aswell...rock up to a 3rd year or 4th year subject and there are around 50 people in the lecuture room
Why is there such a high dropout rate? was it mainly because the course was too demanding and what were the orignal numbers

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
M@ster P said:
Why is there such a high dropout rate? was it mainly because the course was too demanding and what were the orignal numbers
No its because people under estimate the course and once in there cant handle the workload/stress or the difficulty of work, hence people drop out and go to other courses, mainly business/commerce or drop out of uni all together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)