• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

When to apply for uni accomodation? (1 Viewer)

roryclifford

HSC
Hey guys,

So the time has come for me to complete my Uni applications and scholarships, and that is almost sorted.

But, I am wondering when I am meant to apply for uni accomodation? Almost every single on-campus college charges fees for the application, but if I don't get into the uni what was the point in applying?

Is it too late to wait until the first round offers come out to apply? Or do I have to sacrifice the money to keep my options open?

Thanks,
Rory

unknown88

HSC
N/A
My reply has nothing to do with the question, sorry. However l was wondering what are your reasons for living on campus? I am interested but l just don't see why l should waste that money when my parents can pay for my bills, wash my clothes, dishes etc.

jbek

HSC
l was wondering what are your reasons for living on campus?
- The social interactions and aspects.
- The independence and new way of living away from home.
- Opportunity to be involved in academic,sporting ETC groups.
- Usually quickers to classes (more of a sleep in).

roryclifford

HSC
All of this + more of a structured study environment as I can see myself easily slipping off the rails if I live off campus, at least on-campus I am constantly reminded that while I have immense freedom there is always work to be done.

Anyone have an answer to my question? Haha

unknown88

HSC
N/A
With the price they charge you each week, does that include electricity, water etc?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
All of this + more of a structured study environment as I can see myself easily slipping off the rails if I live off campus, at least on-campus I am constantly reminded that while I have immense freedom there is always work to be done.

Anyone have an answer to my question? Haha
I always thought it was the converse - if I lived on campus I highly doubt I'll get any work done. i.e. Roundhouse, events and etc.

roryclifford

HSC
I always thought it was the converse - if I lived on campus I highly doubt I'll get any work done. i.e. Roundhouse, events and etc.
Ah true, I guess I wont really know until I experience it, but having my own place with some mates or alone off campus would seem so distant, like as if after I left the uni I was done for the day, regardless of what work I had.

Not really sure though! :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The people who I know who live on campus have that happen to them too.

Except this one girl. She's very organised and she ensures she gets her work done.

izzy88

HSC
With the price they charge you each week, does that include electricity, water etc?
yes it includes all of that.

If you want to go on campus accommodation you need to apply now (I believe applications are open) - or before whenever they close. You can't wait for first round offers - by that stage interviews will have been conducted etc and generally on campus accommodation is quite sort after - you may be put on waiting list, but nothing is guaranteed.

Sometimes depending on the college concessions can be made - but that would generally require a good reason for them - ie. you live away and are desperate for accommodation or have really good marks etc. and would also depend on how full they are - if they have made offers or not. Also, if you are seeking a scholarship these will also need to be put in with application and your chances of getting one if you apply late are extremely limited (because they will already have allocated scholarships etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)