• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

WHERE ARE YOU UP2? (take 3) (1 Viewer)

shafqat

HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hmm...
So for laurie_field, getting 100 in all of the Latin & Classical Greek subjects was kind of a "bludge"? (
not kind of a bludge
a complete one
he coulda got 100 in those subjects a couple of years ago if he really tried

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
fantasy27 said:
this integration topic is driving me nuts.. i dono wah to choose for the substitutions.. ><
And how do you think you can solve that problem?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
shafqat said:
not kind of a bludge
a complete one
he coulda got 100 in those subjects a couple of years ago if he really tried
lol.
Looking at the HSC papers, it seems pretty hard though.
Was Ext 2 Maths a bludge, or was that more intense than the other subjects?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You dropped Adv English?

ME2 is bludgey, IMHO. Just read over things in class, maybe do some exercises. Then at home you just do maybe a few revision/practice questions each week and ensure you don't fall behind. For exams, do lots of practice Q's. Only 2 classes per week, more favourable student-teacher ratio, et cetera.

Something like Chemistry is not a bludge for me. Lots and lots of dotpoints summaries to do, some hard concepts, lots of details, lots of homework...

Obviously this does not correlate with perceived difficulty. It'd be interesting to find out how much time most people actually spend on ME2 compared to chemistry. Then comparing this with band 6 results between subjects you could get a rough indicator of real difficulty.

Trev

stix
HSC
Slide Rule said:
You dropped Adv English?

ME2 is bludgey, IMHO. Just read over things in class, maybe do some exercises. Then at home you just do maybe a few revision/practice questions each week and ensure you don't fall behind. For exams, do lots of practice Q's. Only 2 classes per week, more favourable student-teacher ratio, et cetera.

Something like Chemistry is not a bludge for me. Lots and lots of dotpoints summaries to do, some hard concepts, lots of details, lots of homework...

Obviously this does not correlate with perceived difficulty. It'd be interesting to find out how much time most people actually spend on ME2 compared to chemistry. Then comparing this with band 6 results between subjects you could get a rough indicator of real difficulty.
I find maths extension 2 easier than chemistry, this could partly be due to the lack of homework I have been doing lately, and not bothering to do the work (in chemistry). I find I get alot more work in chemistry than any other subject, it seems hard to keep up with the homework you get for it (and I haven't been keeping up), let alone complete dot point summaries! :rolleyes:

ishq

brown?
HSC
Chemistry is easier, I think - at least the syllabus is finite and defined.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
The chemistry part of chemistry is pretty easy, it's just knowing the historical developement of a concept, the implications of that concept for industry and then the effects of that implication on society which is the killer. Even if it's an easy question those long answers always manage to be 5 marks and there's always that little detail which, while it seemed insignificant at the time you were learning it (or not learning it as the case may be), comes back to bite you in the marking criteria. Dammit...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
You dropped Adv English?
lol...as Trev said, I dropped Ext 1 English...Ext 1 ---> Standard :eek: :confused:

Slide Rule said:
I'd say MX2 is the least bludgy of my subjects...about 40% of my time is spent on doing MX2 questions when my teacher gives our class hard exercises...2.5 lessons/week for me.

Slide Rule said:
True...I seem to spend less time on Chemistry than MX2, but it does require some time to learn the dotpoints - at least the syllabus is easy to follow.

Slide Rule said:
MX2: 40%, English: 20%, Eco: 15%, Chem: 10%, Business: 10%, SOR: 5%

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Trev said:
I find maths extension 2 easier than chemistry, this could partly be due to the lack of homework I have been doing lately, and not bothering to do the work (in chemistry). I find I get alot more work in chemistry than any other subject, it seems hard to keep up with the homework you get for it (and I haven't been keeping up), let alone complete dot point summaries! :rolleyes:
I don't know that MX2 is easier than Chemistry...imo it's more interesting than Chem. But I do like the Chem syllabus (as ishq said).

nit

HSC
Just to add to this conversation, MX2 wasn't hard as such, but required a drilling in of all the concepts to make sure that I was as fully prepared as I could be for the final exam - ie this meant a fair few questions each night and constituted maybe 1.5 hours' worth of work. Chemistry, which was simply the regurgitation of the dotpoints was generally 0 work apart from exam-time, when I prepared dot-points for the exam and used that for every ensuing exam on that topic. Physics was 0 homework with a rushed study of dot-points and concepts just before the exam. For German continuers I might have done about 5 hrs' work the whole year.... Eng adv was really only the other major source of work, with constant essays/ preparation of notes.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
nit said:
Just to add to this conversation, MX2 wasn't hard as such, but required a drilling in of all the concepts to make sure that I was as fully prepared as I could be for the final exam - ie this meant a fair few questions each night and constituted maybe 1.5 hours' worth of work. Chemistry, which was simply the regurgitation of the dotpoints was generally 0 work apart from exam-time, when I prepared dot-points for the exam and used that for every ensuing exam on that topic. Physics was 0 homework with a rushed study of dot-points and concepts just before the exam. For German continuers I might have done about 5 hrs' work the whole year.... Eng adv was really only the other major source of work, with constant essays/ preparation of notes.
What did you end up with in English? (if you don't mind me asking).
Did it take a lot of practise to refine your essays...is it necessary to do more than one practice essay each week for a mid-Band 6?

shafqat

HSC
N/A
lol!
my study would mirror yours exactly nithin
but sub latin for german
+ a little extra for 4 eng
(which didnt count :vcross: )

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
shafqat said:
lol!
my study would mirror yours exactly nithin
but sub latin for german
+ a little extra for 4 eng
(which didnt count :vcross: )
Which of your English marks didn't count?

firehose

HSC
I got a hold of one of SGS's past papers and it said 60 boys

My school has about 75 but beat them in % terms..... just :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)