• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which lectures are compulsory to attend in my first semester units? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I bet 100% that s/he would say that the content is boring, which, of course, is no excuse.
um no that was an actual question. I take more in when I read the stat stuff then listen to the lecturer. I just don't understand why i feel so much more bored in stat.

mich168

HSC
Hey,

I strongly recommend you to attend all your lectures and tutorials. Only reason why I'm saying that is cos we're paying for HECs and we might as well maximise our time at uni, right? U know, value for money.

You won't be able to download iLecture from BBA103 for sure so you need to attend the Monday lecture.

I've noticed that people said you don't need to attend BBA103 cos it's like HSC Economics. As a matter of fact, that person is incorrect because when you get to elasticity, it's going to be totally different from what you learnt back in High School.

Anyway, good luck with all your subjects.

Mich

Yeah i'm back again with problems! =P

I just need people's personal opinions which lectures should I attend on the first semester?

The units i am doing this semester are PSY104, MKGT101, BBA103 and STAT170.

So which ones I have (compulsory) to attend and which ones I can download the lecture, listen to it and doesn't affect if i won't attend? I think i heard MKGT101 ones I have to go because they have in-class tests. I just want to check it because my timetable is annoying me a little bit.

Of course I'll make the decision after few weeks of attending them first.

X

xeuyrawp

no you assumed i would say the actual unit was boring which i never said. I said the lecturer made it boring somehow.
Er, I didn't assume that. If you actually read my post, you'd see I assumed that the lecturer thinks the content is boring, not you:
pwaryuex said:
Can someone tell me why stat 170 lecturer makes the lecture so boring?
I bet 100% that s/he would say that the content is boring, which, of course, is no excuse.
I'm obviously referring to the lecturer and not you. If I meant you, I would have said 'you'...

Anyway, lecturers frequently complain they have dry material, or even a lot of material, to present. It's a bit of a cop-out, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Begbie4017

HSC
I found the lectures quite dry & boring too..I also have zero maths ability.

I went to the The numeracy centre revision sessions, run by Caroline.

She really has a great way of explaining things that makes it interesting that even I could follow.
Without her I dont think I would have passed.

iwannarock

HSC
i dont see the difference between a student who attends lectures every week and takes notes.......and a student who listens to an i-lecture every week with the slides and takes notes.

are you saying one will do better than the other?

i don't see the difference.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
u must be pretty busy considering a lecture is probs 2 hours max and u dont ahve 2 hours of a whole day to waste

HSC
Er, I didn't assume that. If you actually read my post, you'd see I assumed that the lecturer thinks the content is boring, not you:

I'm obviously referring to the lecturer and not you. If I meant you, I would have said 'you'...

Anyway, lecturers frequently complain they have dry material, or even a lot of material, to present. It's a bit of a cop-out, imo.
oh my bad. hehe...

sorry =(

anjo.

HSC
Are you allowed to go to a lecture on a different day for just the one week?

I can't attend my wednesday 1SYS123 lecture just because of a one off thing and I was thinking I could just go to the lecture the next day (thursday) though e-student says its full.

Should/Can I still go?

Would it be the same?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Unless the lecture has a roll that's marked you don't have to tell anyone, its more for tutorials/pracs

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Are you allowed to go to a lecture on a different day for just the one week?

I can't attend my wednesday 1SYS123 lecture just because of a one off thing and I was thinking I could just go to the lecture the next day (thursday) though e-student says its full.

Should/Can I still go?

Would it be the same?
yeh just rock up

imagine if the lecturer had to call out the roll how long that would take
.....lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)