• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which Skrzynecki poems did you use? (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
Just wondering which two poems you guys used for your essays. I was told to choose St Pats and Migrant Hostel but I think Feliks and 10 Mary St have more to it. Is it because the first two I mentioned isn't overly used so there are fewer people to compare my essay to or something?

sabz1996

HSC
St. Patrick's College and Feliks Skrzynecki, I chose these because they related to my related text very well. St. Patrick's is set in a strict boys private school and so was my related text as well as showing a parent who strives to be a part of the upper class social milieu. And also, a parent who lives vicariously through her son which was also the case in my related text. Feliks Skrzynecki allowed me to better discuss the DIFFERENCES in values between my related text and the poem itself because they were the complete opposite of each other.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If you have finished learning all the poems, try to use at least one of the harder poems such as ancestors, folk museum and postcard-it will enable you to stand out from everyone else who mostly analyse the other poems, but regardless of the many different poem combinations I did, often Feliks Skrzynecki is one of those poems.

ConorDevaney

HSC
i tend to use st pats and feliks, but i actually go to st patrick's college strathfield, so i know the context of the place, if you have any questions about the place i will try to help, plus we have had peter come to talk to us about what some of the symbolisms mean.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
For my essay on belonging I used Migrant Hostel, Feliks Strzynecki and St. Patrick's College + Anh Do's picture book 'The Little Refugee' as my related text.

deloving

HSC
If you have finished learning all the poems, try to use at least one of the harder poems such as ancestors, folk museum and postcard-it will enable you to stand out from everyone else who mostly analyse the other poems, but regardless of the many different poem combinations I did, often Feliks Skrzynecki is one of those poems.
Agreed about the 'harder poems' part. For my first assessment and the half yearly, I did Postcard, Ancestors, 10 Mary Street and my related The Little Prince. (hell yeah)

Mattyzz

HSC
N/A
Anyone have notes for Ancestors and In the folk museum?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)