• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who's is genuinely SCARED about the HSC?? (2 Viewers)

SanjoyM

HSC
Anyways, I'm off to study LOL!!
I did not mean to wreak havoc and create panic, but was just seeing how many people are actually scared like I am atm..

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
100% - NO WAY! your assessment are worth 50% and you have only completed one assessment task so far and that is only worth, 20% as per my school's weighting
Yes! My teacher is moving me to general after my 10% in MX2. :( Goodbye HSC.

SanjoyM

HSC
Can someone work out for me, what's the date for 200 days till hsc, 100 days and 50 days?
"Term 4, 2012
Monday, 15 October 2012
HSC written examinations commence
No later than 13 November
HSC written examinations conclude (final TBC by 30 April 2012)
At conclusion of exams
HSC Assessment Ranks available (via Students Online)
Wednesday, 19 December 2012
HSC results available to students by internet, SMS and telephone (to principals via Schools Online)
HSC Inquiry Centre opens"

inJust

HSC
"Term 4, 2012
Monday, 15 October 2012
HSC written examinations commence
No later than 13 November
HSC written examinations conclude (final TBC by 30 April 2012)
At conclusion of exams
HSC Assessment Ranks available (via Students Online)
Wednesday, 19 December 2012
HSC results available to students by internet, SMS and telephone (to principals via Schools Online)
HSC Inquiry Centre opens"
I just want to work out 200/100/50 days til hsc

HSC
I'm so nervous already! How do you all maintain motivation? And how much study do you put in a night/week?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You know what? Although I've slacked off so much, I'm not really scared of the HSC. What is the HSC? Just some acronyms for 3 words. And I've come to realise most don't ever feel *ready* for the HSC.

I will sound arrogant, but even if I slack off, I'd still get a enough ATAR to get in somewhere, doing some okay degree. Wouldn't be the most highly sought after unis but irregardless, I'd get into uni somewhere. And it's not the end, there's transfers and the like.

HOWEVER I set goals because I don't want to waste the opportunity that is the HSC. I desperately want to earn a scholarship to ease financial burden. I'm a country kid, moving to the cities is expensive. And also because a higher ATAR enables me to have more options for courses and unis.

Dylanamali

HSC
HSC is nothing to be scared about..
at the end of the day, the amount of effort you put in now will be rewarded in the end,
fear can only hinder your ability to succeed.

Just prepare as best you can, and that will be enough..
IMO, anyone should be able to reach their ATAR goals if they understand HOW to study and use their time effectively.. this is coming from a person who crammed a week or two before exams, and put in no consistent study, and managed to exceed his goal of 95 by a fair bit.

Coookies

HSC
HSC is nothing to be scared about..
at the end of the day, the amount of effort you put in now will be rewarded in the end,
fear can only hinder your ability to succeed.

Just prepare as best you can, and that will be enough..
IMO, anyone should be able to reach their ATAR goals if they understand HOW to study and use their time effectively.. this is coming from a person who crammed a week or two before exams, and put in no consistent study, and managed to exceed his goal of 95 by a fair bit.
Lol maybe it comes natural to you, but not others! Some people try really really hard and still don't get anywhere near their goal.

Dylanamali

HSC
Lol maybe it comes natural to you, but not others! Some people try really really hard and still don't get anywhere near their goal.
I will admit that I do have a good memory -
but in saying that, the HSC is basically just a memory-game.. if you take out MX2.
And memory can be developed through hard work and understanding the most effective ways to study.
TBH, I have seen many people, from my school who put in hours of study daily yet who weren't rewarded with probably the marks that they deserve.. I think that these people didn't study effectively.

It's one thing to study hard.. it's another thing to study smart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)