• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why did you... (1 Viewer)

Why did you choose newy?

• Total voters

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
choose newy?

me: i wanted to get into teaching and i was prepared to go anywhere, got into newy and chose not to move out of home

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
None of the above. I choose Newie because it's a nice distance between Port and Sydney. I'm away from home, but not too far away if I need to run home for something. It's a nice sized city (I never wanted to go to Sydney; fuck that), and it's on the coast. I can also go to the occasional NRL footy game.
Oh, and it's slightly warmer than Armidale is reputed to be.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
since i live here, i just thought it would be easiest to just go to newie uni..especially since i don't have a job at the moment so wouldn't really be able to support myself somewhere else anyway..i also chose newie because my course is unique to our uni and i really wanted it

also, i'm comfortable with my mates :)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I didnt get let into the brewery, so i went for a swim. I have cuts all over my legs now

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
evilc said:
I didnt get let into the brewery, so i went for a swim. I have cuts all over my legs now
im not allowed in the brewery either

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I chose Newcastle for a multitude of reasons. Namely because we have the most comprehensive Faculty of Health in the country, as well as what is quite probably the most renound and industry respected Occupational Therapy program.

Additionally, I absolutely adore Newcastle as a place, and it is my local uni. I was willing to move, although now I think about it, I probably would have been miserable away from everyone and everything I have here.

Not only do I love Newcastle, but I also love the uni, the thought of being in some concrete jungle everyday totally freaks me out. As much as I whinge about the mosquitoes, I love the whole bushland setting, and the fact that everytime I drive through the sandstone (?) retaining wall things, with "The University of Newcastle" emblazoned all over them, it has a sense of home, it feels like its the right place for me to be.

Anyway, so ends my public love affair, I shall retreat to my shell and hide from all the anti Newcastle people now :p

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I personally really wanted to go unsw and do bachelor of planning however not being eligible for youth allowance practically smashed that idea. My parents also aren't able to support me financially and I figured that working a lot of hours in some shitty job, combined with the demands of that degree, would be a pretty hard task. As a result I decided to stay in Newcastle and do development studies.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
A mix between the first and second, but mostly the first.

Reallyreally

HSC
I felt like a change of scenery. And I liked the open day. And it was my second pref.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Reallyreally said:
I felt like a change of scenery. And I liked the open day. And it was my second pref.
Hahah, you're doing arts!!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I'm not really sure why i chose to come to newcastle I guess i didn't really put much thought into my descision at all. I would have gone to UNSW or ANU if i had actually thought about where i wanted to go to uni a bit more though.
I think Newcastle is a pretty good uni and I don't really regret the descision to come here :).

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i got into unsw but got a scholarship here. sydney is too expensive for me

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I really wish i had of applied to ANU. It is such a nice looking uni with fountains that have water flowing through them, awesome colleges, their union is like a mall :eek:, and they probably aren't $30 million in debt either.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
nope, it is at the base of a mountain

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
We have a mofo of a hill, thats close enough!
lol i made extra sure not to make my timetable with a tut finishin at 1pm in hunter and a lecture starting at 1pm in the science theatre!... that was a bastard of a walk!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)