• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

with a disable person (1 Viewer)

lovelywhite1984

HSC
anyone here going out with a disable person ?

If yes, how long will the relationship last ?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
In most cases marrying a disabled person does not fit with my life plan. There are a few things that made me question that though
e.g In 'Red dragon' the movie with hannabil lector, that hot blond girl who happens to be blind is datable.
She has a nice personality, but more importantly she is a hot blonde who puts out on the first date with any old guy because she is desperate.

Aime Fantasy

HSC
What's your definition of disabled lovleywhite?

I have a speech impediment... I stutter. I think I'm disabled, but I'm not any less intelegent or physically handicapped then the person next to me. :)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
lovelywhite1984 said:

If yes, how long will the relationship last ?
how long will the relationship last??
something like that is entirely dependable on individual situation

Nancy Kissinger

HSC
N/A
lovelywhite1984 said:
secret said:
What do you mean by disable?
ok, children, let's play a game. repeat after me, ready?
disableD person, or, more correctly, person with a disability.

nwatts

HSC
ah, i have a disability. i hope it wouldn't be a consideration in "how long a relationship would last" - i wouldn't want to be in a relationship that wasn't cool with who i was/just how sophisticated i look with a walking stick.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nancy Kissinger said:
ok, children, let's play a game. repeat after me, ready?
disableD person, or, more correctly, person with a disability.
Why isn't your username "a person who happens to have been labelled Nancy"?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
nwatts said:
ah, i have a disability. i hope it wouldn't be a consideration in "how long a relationship would last" - i wouldn't want to be in a relationship that wasn't cool with who i was/just how sophisticated i look with a walking stick.
the amount of people that have asked me if you just walk with a cane for the sake of it is surprisingly high haha.

i dont have a problem with disabilities and i think your cane makes you look sophisticated anyway :eek::eek:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I agree, I'm not a big fan of the 'person with a disability' tripe. I don't have a disability myself but I'm sure someone actually refering to you using such flowery language (as to not hurt your obviously weak, fragile, disabled feelings) would piss some people off :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
see now in some cases i wouldnt... for example i wouldnt be with a person with down syndrome but i wouldnt care if i was with someone who is in nicks shoes

its very dependant on the actual disability

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I agree, I'm not a big fan of the 'person with a disability' tripe. I don't have a disability myself but I'm sure someone actually refering to you using such flowery language (as to not hurt your obviously weak, fragile, disabled feelings) would piss some people off :)
LOL would mental disabilities count? Imagine how much fun it would be for someone like me with NPD having sex! Lol!!
I would think that my seed was the most potent in the world, and that other women would be proviliged to have it inside them LMFAO and that I was a sex-god put on earth to satisfy women of all races, and religions and countries! HAHAHA....

( I'd say about 25-30 have had sex with a person who had a mental disability... *cough* from personal experience.... )
Lol, and they all got the SEED!

Season

HSC
It really does depend on the disability.

I have two friends with majorish disabilities and both have dated. Jess is blind- her last relationship was 6 months and Lucy's got a disease where the muscles on her leg just haven't grown and she's currently with her boyfriend for about threeish months now.

A lot of the time the disabilities people have are not that noticeable, there are plenty of people out there who have learning problems but they are fine everywhere else. Like my sister- she has ADHD and 39345749873498 other learning difficulties, but she is the biggest flirt ever, gets along with everyone and wherever we go she gets at least two boys doing whatever she wants them to do AND SHE IS 10!!

To me honestly I wouldn't want to date someone with a 'syndrome' disability, I would like to hang around someone who could muck around with me, run about and do stupid things with me. Someone who I might not want to take responsibility for- if they needed help sure I'd be there, but I wouldn't want to be carer you know??

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I wouldn't say ADHD really counts, given 99% of people don't know I have it even when I'm not on my meds :/

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
you cant just say you wouldnt date someone with a syndrome. You probably allready have and just dont know it. Most syndromes arent even all that severe the minority are things like Downes syndrome were isnt clearly obvious the person isnt disabled.

You know AIDS is a syndrome right? how can you tell someone has AIDS? and what abotu SARS? you wouldnt date somenoe who was unfortunate enough to suffer from SARS for a few days?

ever heard of sick sinus syndrome? basically the person has a heart flutter and an abnormal beat. They will have trouble exerting themselves alot, and may need a pacemaker but its not like they are off limits.

Disorders arent all that bad either, e.g ADD [although i am a quiet introverted person, so an extroverted person wouldnt really mesh with me]

C@mM!

HSC
ever heard of sick sinus syndrome? basically the person has a heart flutter and an abnormal beat. They will have trouble exerting themselves alot, and may need a pacemaker but its not like they are off limits.

hmm you sure. my friend has cardiovasculartricacardia (its probably wrong - means an extra valve). he has to be careful when he has sex - if he gets too excited he can die. lol. quite funny (not really though) when he nearly died when he did it with his g/f first time (unforuntaly im good friends with her and i had to drive him to hospital after being asked by his naked hysterical girlfriend) lol

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i think a physical disability isnt that much of a problem, but i wouldnt be able to date someone with a mental disability. i need someone really smart and witty to talk to, elsewise i get bored.
so i guess physical disabilities arent that much of a barrier but mental disabilities are (for me at least)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't really differentiate between 'disabled' and not, simply because others don't need to have an official disability to be overly dependent or limited in what they do. So it would come down to whether someone's lifestyle (inclusive of medical or anything else) clashed with mine badly enough as opposed to them having a certificate saying they have this, that or the other...

It also really depends on what you regard as a disability, because I know I rarely think of myself as disabled though others may view me in that light. I don't really think of Nick as disabled either, he's just Nick.

NTB said:
I don't have a disability myself but I'm sure someone actually refering to you using such flowery language (as to not hurt your obviously weak, fragile, disabled feelings) would piss some people off
I can't speak for anyone else, but it does piss me off when people put so much effort into talking around the topic. It almost feels as if people don't feel its proper to discuss such things, or that the topic is 'dirty'...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)