• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Witness is confusing? No set topic or related texts? HELP! (1 Viewer)

Anonymous888

HSC
What exactly do we have to do for Witness? I know the paper 2 is tomorrow! Is anybody there?

Should i discuss themes? If so how many? Do i need a thesis?

amour

Female
HSC
What exactly do we have to do for Witness? I know the paper 2 is tomorrow! Is anybody there?

Should i discuss themes? If so how many? Do i need a thesis?
Hi, what is witness?
Well, based on what i did for all my essays - i discussed themes. Average of four body paragraphs, mostly two themes each essay.
yes, all essays need a thesis.

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
I am doing the film 'Witness' directed by Peter Weir.

You really don't know what you are supposed to focus on. 'Close Study Of Text', should be on film techniques, director's ideas, etc.

I tried looking through past papers, the question they ask differs. One year they were asking for 'character development', another year for 'distinctive ideas of the film' and and 'Witness is shaped by the decisions of significant characters'.

Personally, I cbf as I am too tired. I just did three themes, three paragraphs. Rewatched the film and read my notes. That is about it. I am not going to write an essay and memorise it for each question they 'might' ask. That is just ridiculous.

araboy

HSC
It will be something along the lines as to how peter weir portrays his image on the amish and modern societies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)