• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Writers Block. (1 Viewer)

Crazy Horse

HSC
Hey guys i hav a great idea only problem is that i cant seem to put pen to paper and write it out.... any sugesstions?? By the way i would love to hear people's ideas for short stories so please post them.

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Hey guys i hav a gr8 idea only prob is dat i cant seem to put pen to paper n write it out.
perhaps this is because of your horrendous english skills? :p

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
A great way is to just you know write anything, it sounds dumb but its true. Just depict a random scene that only has limited links with your subject matter. You'll end up arguin with yourself in such a way that a good idea usually flows but then again I've only got a few months experience. My story is about a necrophiliac prince charming who keeps buying dead princesses and *ahem* and it goes on from there.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Don't worry Breaking is probably just jealous that s/he doesn't do as much english as we do.

Crazy Horse

HSC
sorri. ok im trying to write my story problem is -writers block. i was wondering if anyone had anyy ideas??

Spring Sakura

HSC
Ah, well I'd say go and read any novels you can find that are remotely linked to actual idea. Just read, read, read, read, read...until you're so in the mood to write you're about to fly apart into a million pieces and splatter all over the wall like --okay I'll stop there... :p

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
I have found that one way to unblock writers block is to stop trying to write anything good, and just write absolute crap. Write whatever comes to your head - write quirky things, things which make no sense; write yourself into a storm of chaos untill you feel satisfied. I have found that after this, I feel emotionally and intellectually unburdened. The desire to write well returns - and I also often find that I can pick a few interesting ideas from the aforementioned stream of consciousness rant. It certainly works for me.

PS: Drinking icy water and doing eye excersises may help too! :uhhuh:

J

jhakka

I would suggest something similar to what Marcus said. Just write whatever comes to mind, even if it is total shit. If you can't get your idea to work, just write randomly. In my case, I wrote something I thought was random with a totally different idea to what I ended up with, and the piece that I wrote was the base of my work. The idea changed, but I slightly edited that first piece to make it fit.

Be flexible. Don't fix an idea in your head or failure is a lot more probable. :)

woodsier

bleh
HSC
N/A
kami said:
My story is about a necrophiliac prince charming who keeps buying dead princesses and *ahem* and it goes on from there.
Erm...

Quaint.

woodsier

bleh
HSC
N/A
Indeed, i was quite dumfounded.. but then mine's about an individual driven mad within his own mind... so enough evil stuff goes on in there.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
All right then ...cool and good luck with yours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)