• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

America Haters Unite!! (1 Viewer)

Lorie

HSC
Does Bush's stupidity have any limits. Probably a better question, how do the people who follow his crap walk and talk without getting attacked by a sucide bomber. Bush clasffiying giving aid to the Earthquack victims as a fight against terror. Seriously bush, give it up, it's not happening, this is a moment of aid, not scaring the voters.

K

katie_tully

ArgueEverything said:
Whoever posted that was wrong. America is the richest nation in the world.

No, for YOUR misguided information, America's initial relief effort was $15 million. This was later raised to $35 million. Please don't make me link a source to prove that, because that would be very humiliating for you. No one likes their pseudo-corrections being corrected, but its especially bad with a neat internet link accompanying it.

I still don't comprehend why you are comparing Australia's contribution to America's.

Bush's $2.4 billion dollars of aid in 2004 went mostly to Iraq and Afghanistan. Thanks, George...bomb the shit of a country then make a measly attempt to rebuild it. That's not "aid", that's decency.

As for "assessing" the situation, that hardly takes days and days. There was a tsunami, tens of thousands died, millions homeless. What more assessment was needed? More importantly, why did the US - but not other countries - need to make an assessment? Sounds like this whole "assessment" bs is just a cover for being as stingy as possible. Also, there's still no explanation for why it took three days for Bush to crawl out of his Texas ranch and make a statement on the disaster (other than the fact that Bush doesn't a clue about statesmanship)

Indonesia and Sri Lanka and Thailand, which account for over 110 000 of the 150 000 confirmed dead, have armies which America helps to TRAIn. I don't know where you got the idea that "half these nations" are antagonistic towards the US, but its blatantly absurd. Almost all governments in the South Asian and SE Asian region are pro-US.
Good. Link me. How is being corrected embarrassing? Is that what you feel when it is pointed out that you're a dumbarse? If there is clarification needed, link me.

Thats a pretty stupid fucking generalisation. When you first heard about the tsunami, straight away did you know of the death toll and the damge caused? Did you know hundreds of thousands were dead and that millions were homeless straight away?
Didn't think so. Nor did the rest of the world, thats why as of three days later the death toll was an estimated 48,000 not now's estimate of 300,000.
America werent going to pledge a shitload of money straight away without knowing the exact extent of the damage.
The news only reports what it knows, don't take everything you hear from the news.
A lot more goes into assessing damage than taking a death toll estimate and areas hit. I'm sure it takes a lot longer than 3 days too.

There are possibly many reasons why Bush did not come public until 3 days later.

All I see here for an argument are pointed fingers without substantial evidence.

HSC
katie_tully said:
In conclusion to you all;

America sent 2 carriers, 7 water carriers, a hospital ship and medical staff, as well as an initial donation of $35 million within 72 hours.
Wow. I bet they had to dig really deep for that. I mean, diverting resources from a war for oil which they were supposed to win in three days...and $35 million, now that's the definition of generosity.

/sarcasm off

katie_tully said:
Secondly, I do not see why Bush should come off holidays to make a public announcement, especially before full figures were realised. If I remember correctly, within three days the toll had only been estimated at 48,000 not 300,000.
It's called courtesy, respect, decency etc. You know, like the way world leaders immediately came out to express condolences for the victims of September 11?

K

katie_tully

Ahaha. God.
Out of respect for myself I am now going to cease arguing with a moron who has to point out when they are being sarcastic.
I bed ye farewell.

Lorie

HSC
katie_tully said:
In conclusion to you all;

America sent 2 carriers, 7 water carriers, a hospital ship and medical staff, as well as an initial donation of $35 million within 72 hours.

Secondly, I do not see why Bush should come off holidays to make a public announcement, especially before full figures were realised. If I remember correctly, within three days the toll had only been estimated at 48,000 not 300,000.

America makes up for 25% of all international disaster aid, that is not including your "developmental aid".

All you want is another excuse to bash Bush, but it's always amusing to watch you take the first figures channel 9 produces without doing other research.
Go home.

yeah, it just pisses me off about the reasoning behind the aid. BUsh has put this into a war against terror.

***because terrorists are so the survivors of major disasters.

HSC
katie_tully said:
Good. Link me. How is being corrected embarrassing? Is that what you feel when it is pointed out that you're a dumbarse? If there is clarification needed, link me.
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/columnists/jewell_cardwell/10509173.htm?1c

"The U.S. Agency for International Development is adding $20 million to an initial $15 million contribution for Asian earthquake relief..."

You're welcome.

katie_tully said:
Thats a pretty stupid fucking generalisation. When you first heard about the tsunami, straight away did you know of the death toll and the damge caused? Did you know hundreds of thousands were dead and that millions were homeless straight away?
Didn't think so. Nor did the rest of the world, thats why as of three days later the death toll was an estimated 48,000 not now's estimate of 300,000.
America werent going to pledge a shitload of money straight away without knowing the exact extent of the damage.
No, when I first knew about the Tsunami, I didn't know how great the damage was. By three days later, however, 48 000 were confirmed dead, as you note; that is a huge amount, and warrants more than $15 million from the richest country in the world. To put it another way, if 48 000 is roughly 1/3 of the total confirmed dead. If we multipled $15 million by three, you'd get 45 million. If America's total contribution today was just $45 million, that would be super duper stingy by anyone's standards. That's what $15 million in the first three days was equivalent to.

[ QUOTE=katie_tully]
There arepossibly many reasons why Bush did not come public until 3 days later.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was having too much fun playing cowboys and indians at his ranch.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
katie_tully said:
Bush actually spent $2.4 billion dollars in aid in 2004, which is quite a different area from "development aid"
now whats the bet that bush had some making in the cause of the disasters :p

K

katie_tully

Lorie said:
yeah, it just pisses me off about the reasoning behind the aid. BUsh has put this into a war against terror.

***because terrorists are so the survivors of major disasters.
I'm not disputing that he is indeed an idiot... I just disagree that he has done nothing towards aid.
He has terrorism on the brain, due partly to the underwear gnomes that used to visit him when he spoked pot, and his terrorism obsessed father.

I watched a doco on Troy today, and they likened the reasoning behind the war on Troy to Bush. Bush is quoted as saying "He tried to kill my father", which some believe is a reason he wanted to go to war with Iraq. Just like Greece wanted to go to war with Troy so they used Helen as an excuse. If it ever happened.

HSC
katie_tully said:
Ahaha. God.
Out of respect for myself I am now going to cease arguing with a moron who has to point out when they are being sarcastic.
I bed ye farewell.
What? KO'd already? I was just getting started.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I see you are back in your top name-calling, issue-avoiding form.

Your column in the Telegraph is great reading, its just a pity they stick that ugly fat man (Piers Akerman) at the top of your fine work.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Someone made a point about how the ammount of aid america originally gave was equivilent to half that of an f-16.
Let me point out that indonesia, a country of such poor people, has expensive jet fighters... Now i am not saying that a nation such as India should have to give up its weapons, as it is in a war and needs them for its sovereignty but what about indonesia... They have jet fighters while their people need aid, homes.... Hows bout they sold off some of their military in order to make up the money.

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Someone made a point about how the ammount of aid america originally gave was equivilent to half that of an f-16.
Let me point out that indonesia, a country of such poor people, has expensive jet fighters... Now i am not saying that a nation such as India should have to give up its weapons, as it is in a war and needs them for its sovereignty but what about indonesia... They have jet fighters while their people need aid, homes.... Hows bout they sold off some of their military in order to make up the money.
Yes, good idea. Alternatively, the (mainly Western) arms manufacturers could stop selling superfluous weapons to Indonesia, that would save a lot of money (for the Indonesians), too. That's actually a better solution than the govt stopping buying them, since, as we all know, the governments of these countries are a lot earn money on the side from arms dealings.

Reginald

Did you know that $40 can feed a family of 5 in Ethiopia for a month....I wonder how much money it takes to set up a website like this?

waterfowl

HSC
katie_tully said:
France and other certain European nations never seem to do anything, and are always quick to object/criticise... interesting to note that they werent complaining when the world came to save their pathetic arses in World War 2.
I hate how people use the whole "America saved their arses" defence! America only ever really entered the war after they were attacked. I'm sure that if Pearl Harbour never happened America would have just sat back and only challenged anyone who was to get in their way.

katie_tully said:
Their initial donation was $15 million?. Ours was $10. They had a naval fleet there way before we had one there.
$15 million for a country of over 280 million people, compared to $10 million for a country of only 20 million people. Thats pretty pathetic that the USA was initially going to contribute about 5cents per person!
Now this is just opinion, but that 'fleet' was probably going to pass the area on its way to Iraq anyway; hence they were obliged.

Our aid package is apparently meant to be increased to almost half a billion dollars now. (According to channel 7)

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
i just wonder how many people who lash out America have given aid themselves, I know I gave $100. This entire forum has become stupid btw, I think I'll make like rorix, asqy, ziff and generator and stop wasting my time.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
EVERYONE LETS ALL MAKE UP BY HAVING A MASSIVE ORGY!!!!

lets not spread war coz the word is legs and we need to spread the word!!!

Kierkegaard

HSC
Read this.

$148,000,000,000 On a war that has killed over 100,000 people.
$350,000,000 On a relief effort that could save over 100,000 people from disease.

The American Government has spent over 400 times more on death than they have on life--that's a pretty darn good indication of their priorities.

The American National Debt increases by $1.77 billion per day, bringing it to its current total of over $7.5 trillion. The average American household has over $120 thousand in debt.

As a percentage of the total American Debt (conservatively estimated at $20 trillion), the Tsunami Relief pledge is about 0.0047%.

In conclusion, the American government is not so stingy as they are 'selectively stingy'. That's what I hate about the American Government.

Lorie

HSC
neo_o said:
i just wonder how many people who lash out America have given aid themselves, I know I gave $100. This entire forum has become stupid btw, I think I'll make like rorix, asqy, ziff and generator and stop wasting my time.

hmmmmmm, i don't why i'm arguing this but i will make a few points. Our taxs go to the government, yeah. And yes thats where the funding from Australia goes to to. I only lash out against america, because Bush is trying to score political points by referring to this as an act against terror.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)