• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anti Bush anyone?? (2 Viewers)

berry580

HSC
Beaky said:
I meant his public speaking is getting better.
Really? Well he forgot to apologise for wrongly attacking and invade Iraq. Not to mention the Americans should pay up to the Iraqis for the damage that the US-led invasion force had caused.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
This thread was getting pretty old so I thought I'd bring it back with some fresh anti-Bush sentiment.

Personally, I was crushed when Bush 'won' the presidential election in 2000. I thought the beginning of the new milennium marked a new era of international cooperation, understanding and secularism.

Instead, the beginning of the 21st century is dogged by Christian fundamentalists who are in control of the most powerful nation in the world at the moment. When will Christians learn to stay the fuck out of politics?

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
leetom said:
Instead, the beginning of the 21st century is dogged by Christian fundamentalists who are in control of the most powerful nation in the world at the moment. When will Christians learn to stay the fuck out of politics?
I wouldnt say that bush's ideologies are christian based. If he claims he is, then i guess he is lying and is committing apostasy.

Bible: Love your enemies as you love yourself
Bush: Bomb your enemies as they do not conform to US ideologies

I'd be careful in your assumptions as they probably only refer to a small minority (e.g Bush, King Richard and the crusades). Its just the same with Muslims. Most people get the idea they are bad, killing people. In fact, they are generally not.

Agreed though, I think religion and politics should be seperate. However it would be wise to have a law that is based on "moralistic" values in order to keep society from anarchy.

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
What i think about Bush is i dont like him - even when he first got elected i was dissapointed about Al Gore not winning the election - problem is that i probably
dont know what the Democrats actually stand for so i cant really cast and light on to the
'american democratic process' lol

anyways my opinion on Bush extremely low. Once hes out of office can some repairs be done to all the areas that he has damaged - the world's attidude concerning muslims for one. i am a muslim and i believe that the large majority of us are unrepresented by the arab leaders and bush is just making matters worse.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
If you feel "unrepresented" by your leaders (whatever you mean by that) take it up with your own leaders.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
berry580 said:
Really? Well he forgot to apologise for wrongly attacking and invade Iraq. Not to mention the Americans should pay up to the Iraqis for the damage that the US-led invasion force had caused.
Wrongly? What do you mean by "wrongly".

Morally Incorrect? Legally Incorrect? You think it was wrong?

leetom

HSC
neo_o said:
Wrongly? What do you mean by "wrongly".

Morally Incorrect? Legally Incorrect? You think it was wrong?
The war in Iraq was wrong.

Morally incorrect? Yes. We live in the 21st century, we can do better than fighting each other.

Legally incorrect? Yes. The war was not approved by the United Nations, making the war an illegal act.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Beaky said:
I meant his public speaking is getting better.
Did anyone hear what he said the other day about terrorists becoming more creative or something and he said that americans were as well ... then he went on saying that terrorists are looking at new ways to harm our country, then he said that we are too. That was so funny, he was 100% right, lol ... i still can't stop laughing whenever its on tv.

hastemaker

You people make me sick!!!

You people have no idea of what your talking about. Take a good hard look in the mirror and you might see how self righteous you all are. Whether or not the Iraq war was a right step to take, the fact is you're looking at it from hindsight. If you were in a leadership position and you had an enemy that could develop capabilities that could destroy you, would you wait around till it was too late? I don't think so!

Now, get off your high, left wing horses and do some study!!!!

p.s what are uni students doing on this site? Last HSC finished nearly one year ago. I think it's time to let go. I suggest trying some other dating services.

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
leetom said:
The war in Iraq was wrong.

Morally incorrect? Yes. We live in the 21st century, we can do better than fighting each other.

Legally incorrect? Yes. The war was not approved by the United Nations, making the war an illegal act.
1) Tell that to the terrorists

2) The war was approved by all members of the security council apart from Germany and France - whom, due to vested interests in Iraq instead of abstaining (like they usually would) decided on what was in the best interests of the world.

Besides, America doesn't need the approval of the United Nations. etc.

hastemaker

leetom said:
This thread was getting pretty old so I thought I'd bring it back with some fresh anti-Bush sentiment.

Personally, I was crushed when Bush 'won' the presidential election in 2000. I thought the beginning of the new milennium marked a new era of international cooperation, understanding and secularism.

LEETOM, just a quick question : who's using the family braincell?

leetom

HSC
hastemaker said:
You people have no idea of what your talking about. Take a good hard look in the mirror and you might see how self righteous you all are. Whether or not the Iraq war was a right step to take, the fact is you're looking at it from hindsight. If you were in a leadership position and you had an enemy that could develop capabilities that could destroy you, would you wait around till it was too late? I don't think so!
If the U.S invaded Iraq because they had they had the capability to destory America, the it would make sense if America had designs on China, North Korea or any other country that doesn't bow to the U.S's aggressive foreign policy.

We didn't become leftists the day it was announced that there wern't any WMDs. We've been critical of this gross violation of international law since the day Bush announced that in some fantastical way, ousting Saddam Hussein would benefit the global campaign against terrorism.

leetom

HSC
neo_o said:
1) Tell that to the terrorists

2) The war was approved by all members of the security council apart from Germany and France - whom, due to vested interests in Iraq instead of abstaining (like they usually would) decided on what was in the best interests of the world.

Besides, America doesn't need the approval of the United Nations. etc.
1) We're not looking at what makes terrorists do what they do. They don't just rally to the dry of Jihad when any old fanatic cries it. They take up arms against Western imperialism because they feel that their own people are being oppressed, and this isn't very far from the truth. Mind you, I have deep reservations regarding their targeting of civilians, but these arn't educated men, they operate on a simple system of vengeance- 'If you kill my friends, I'll kill yours-military or not'.

2) If the war was to be legal, it required the unanimous support of all permament members. It didn't have this. Without the UN's consent, it's illegal.

Everybody needs the approval of the United Nations. We can't expect the UN to threaten America with force. As a developed nation and permanent member, it is expected of America to respect the UN.

hastemaker

Confused!!!

leetom said:
If the U.S invaded Iraq because they had they had the capability to destory America, the it would make sense if America had designs on China, North Korea or any other country that doesn't bow to the U.S's aggressive foreign policy. .
I'm still trying to get my mind around what you just tried to say. Next time, try not to throw random words at the screen in the vain attempt of articulating your argument. And you people said that Bush was dumb.......

leetom

HSC
hastemaker said:
I'm still trying to get my mind around what you just tried to say. Next time, try not to throw random words at the screen in the vain attempt of articulating your argument. And you people said that Bush was dumb.......

I post in this thread to exchange points of view with others regarding George W Bush. If you can't understand the content of this thread, then fuck off.

hastemaker

leetom said:
I post in this thread to exchange points of view with others regarding George W Bush. If you can't understand the content of this thread, then fuck off.
Leetom, you seem to be quite emotional. Did I hurt you're feelings? Please, please don't cry......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)