• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

anyone doing accelerated maths?? (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

just wondering how many people are doing accelerated maths.....and what topic ur up to.
my class is up to diff. of trigs and trig graph sketching......i have my 2nd maths assessment and 1st ext 1 assessment within the text 2 weeks.

just for the guys in accel. maths - r u going to do ext 2 maths next year?

Kulazzi

HSC
well, we just did an exam to see if we qualify and now we have our half-yearlys coming up. We're doing parabola at the moment but we skipped a chapter on geometry b/c i think the teacher wants to link like algebraic type chapters. So far we've done four chapters in our textbook.

Kulazzi

HSC
what??????????? since the beginning of this year???? Or do you just mean like "sub-chapters/topics" ??? :confused:

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
we have finished 6 chapters, only one left and we finish the course

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by wrx
we have done around 12 chapters so far
Originally posted by queenie
we have finished 6 chapters, only one left and we finish the course

ok ok ok....which skool do u guys go to??? ur like really ahead! :D :D :D

kpq_sniper017

:)

the guy hasnt even said what textbook he's using......different textbooks = different number of chapters.

my class still has trig graphing/differentiation and physical apps of calculus to do in the 2U course. and theres still further physical apps, inverse functions and binomial theorem to do.

just a tip....if u find that ur class is too slow, just go ahead and do it urself in ur own time.

for kulazzi......did u just start the accelerated course this year? at my school, we started in yr9 (doing yr10 work), and in yr10 we did the prelim. work. r u doing prelim. or hsc work now?

btw. what textbooks are u guys using?

Kulazzi

HSC
ok, since I was in advanced last yr, we started doing prelim maths but then I went on hols

But now we're just doing the prelim work ----> not HSC

Maths in Focus or something like that, whatta bout u?

kpq_sniper017

i use maths in focus.....well, we're supposed to, but the teacher photocopies other stuff...

queenie......whats the standard like at ruse? is the lowest mark generally around 90% or something? i always have the impression that lowest ruse students are actually the highest at other schools

our teacher was going quickly and we're still only up to trig diff. - but then again, we only had 4 periods of maths a week last year.
and i get another chance to do it anyway.

what did u guys get in the prelim yr in maths and ext 1?

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017

queenie......whats the standard like at ruse? is the lowest mark generally around 90% or something? i always have the impression that lowest ruse students are actually the highest at other schools
yea, thats pretty much it .. the lowest gets like 90ish.. in like ext 1 or 2 anyways... .

we get like 9 lessons every 2 weeks btw... each lesson is 80 mins long ... :(

Lachlan Murray

I'm doing Ext. one.
We've done three chapters and are almost finished a fourth. We're doing trig.
I go to Murray High school which is a country high school.
I hope to do Ext. 2 next year

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
just wondering how many people are doing accelerated maths
just for the guys in accel. maths - r u going to do ext 2 maths next year?
I did and I am

Jitarth

HSC
N/A
Shuttup Queenie - Just because you go to Ruse doesn't mean that you are better then other people. I may point out that Ruse is now a lowly 5th in demand for Selective Schools, so don't get all high about it.

You do 9 periods of 80 mins every 2 weeks? So what? I do 9 Periods of 40 mins per week. I have Maths everyday, you don't. SO who cares?

The only reason Ruse does well in the HSC collectively is because you steal 30 of the top students from other Schools to come into yours. Not to mention the amount of work you do. I know several people at Ruse and they all tell me all the do is study.

So even after all that if you didn't do well in the HSC then that would be pretty pathetic.

Build a bridge and get over it.

Kulazzi

HSC
I am so glad I didn't choose extension

otherwise then every tuesday, u'd have 4 periods of maths, 50 min. each period and thats too much thinking for me

0.o :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)