• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

bad teacher = bad UAI (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Hi guys
im in year 11 and for physics and chemistry i have a really shocking teacher ... (its the same person) and i get so frustrated in classes... most people in my class find the same problem with the teacher. unlike the others i do alot of outside studying... basically everything i know ive found out for myself! im really scared that, although im coming 1st in my school, compared to others i will be falling behind. Im asking your advice on this one because im not sure whether to just shut up and continue going along teaching myself or do something about it.. like go to the principal and talk about it. ive spoken to my principal about it before but do u think its worth bringing it up and make sure something gets done or just leave it???

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
get ur parents to talk to principle? im guessing u cant switch classes coz there isnt one to swtich to?

looking back, my science teachers didn't really contribute too much. i summarised syllabus' and got band 6s.

dis_armer

my physics teacher in yr 11 was the absolute worst. he couldnt answer questions, or control the class (people were plugging hoses onto taps and spraying students downstairs right in front of him and he did nothing!). we hardly knew any thing come xam time and the xam he wrote mite have well been in another language.

everybody had the same problem and it was brought up to the yr co-ordinator and principle several times by several parents and students. in yr 12 we got a new teacher and its made a world of difference.

make sure you say something. its your future so do something about it. get ur parents to say something and get your classmates to do the same, but dont be rude and make out like your teachers just crap (even they r) and you just dont like them. be diplomatic but make sure they listen to you.

Rahul

Dead Member
i ahve the worst fkin physics teacher. i was abuot to shout at him today. :chainsaw:
for physics, i would recommend u start going through the HSC course now. buy the jacaranda book and read chapter by chapter and make notes on the dot points. do this and i guarantee u will do well. get a tutor if its possible.
if there is another teacher that is capable of teaching physics or chem, by all means the class should complain. still, i think u should follow my advice, i wish i had done that at the start of yr 12.:(

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
tutoring? thats only thing i could think of, get broader on your knowledge by scabbing info off friends outside the school XD

ToRnaDo

HSC
Yeahh my physics teacher is sooo bad. He doesnt know how to teach base on new syllabus. Whats the hell!!! grgrgr.. you are still lucky that you are currently in year 11. Sooo the best way is teach yourself by getting notes, exam papers from this website and finding tutor if you can afford..... Welll, u can complain to have a better physics teache if some teachers are availabe at ur school unlike my school there is only 1 physics teacher... sooo bad!!!! The same thing happens with Chem teacher and all my classmate trying complain and of course we have a new teacher ...but guess what??? He is also damn teacher as well...bad luck..bad luck :-(

Roors

HSC
ME TOO!
i have the same problem, there isnt one person in the class who thinks his a good teacher. He makes good notes SOMETIMES, but other than that.....its a blurr!!
But...well...i've had him for one and a half years now, and well...at the beginning ofyear 11 i was going REAL bad...i was relying on my teacher too much, then i started to put the time and effort into it.....and im going pretty good at the moment. You've gotta figure out if its worth complaining about, because if u complain, and u do it alone, its not gonna make a difference, if anything- ur teach will find out you complained....and well...you wont exactly be the best student!
I think if u put ur mind to it....its you who does the work, not the teacher, but u can also get a personal tutor to help!
Watever u decide....ALL THE BEST!

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
we had a bad teacher in yr 11, then a majority of my physics class to the leading techer, and we got a different one for term 1, HSC course...that teacher was so good, he explained stuff and he was funny too...but then he left:( ....and we got our old teacher back, whos trying to be a better teacher then in yr 11, but sometimes its just so annoyin when she doesnt know something.

Affinity

HSC
If you can understand what you read on your own(ie. 'outside study' does not mean tutoring), you should well be ahead and what you learn should be much more solid than others. You should inform the principal about your concerns. It doesn't affect you that much since you are first in school. Another thing which you can do is to keep the teacher alert: bombard the teacher with questions, especially tricky ones/hard ones. Make sure you chase the teacher up if him/her tells you that he/she will reply later.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
Hi,
Steps to teach urself, by CHHS student

1. eliminate all distractions (friemds, TV, games, food, teacher, school HW)
2. spend at least 2 hours a night for harder subjects
3. study earlier, be4 the test, o else ur gonna get stuffed in d HSC
4. spend more time on PAST papers than HW
5. read books b4 bedtime on subjects u study 4
6. **** NOTE: don't study on the day u have tests, that makes it worse.
7. BEST study = follow syllabus, by writing an essay for each syllabus DOT point

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
lol eliminate all distractions. ( teachers and school HW)

lolololollolool

im sure u know why im laughing

aagagahahhahahahha

its not like talking to your teacher will degrade your intelligence nor does doing school homework.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
If you already know what the homework is about, screw it. You would know it anyways since you're studying ahead. Teachers asking you for useless extension work in year 11 / 12? Forget it. Screw him and get on with the syllabus.

Being the teacher's pet means it'll be easier for you to ask for extensions etc, and asking for useful infos on tests etc. Use it to your advantage :D

I changed from a total english rebel to a teacher's pet (since the evil teacher was changed by a pretty looking teacher), and my marks increased very very substantially. Not only because I'm a pet, but I was more willing to do work, and have better communication with the teacher, which often leads you to knowing how examiners think etc etc.

Seriously, teacher's pets aren't pets at all. They just show respect for the teacher. Even if he can't teach, appreciating is always a good move.

Oh and ignore others when they call you teacher's pet :)

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
I got like the same problem with my Physics teacher as well. The yr11 physics teacher in our class is like this Sri Lankan guy with a really bad accent (no offense to Srilankan people), and he rarely writes notes on the board, and if he does write notes, nobody copies them because theyre either in a really bad grammatical form or they're too messy to read. So by the end of year 12, we would probably learn more about speaking in a Sri Lankan accent more than Physics.
But in the other physics class, they have the worlds coolest science teacher who could actually teach Physics (rough crowd). I had him for year 9 and 10 science and hes a really good science teacher, and actually explains stuff clearly.
I cant afford any tutors at the moment right now cause i really dont have any time avaliable and im already having a maths tutor comming into my house. So guess im stuffed

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
lol eliminate all distractions. ( teachers and school HW)...

its not like talking to your teacher will degrade your intelligence nor does doing school homework.
well in his case it might...:D

sunken eyes

HSC
physics is easy. afew simple cpncepts, and your set. simply just read and practice questions till you understand those concepts. eg: motors. once you know how magnetic fields work, you've got the course covered except for some rudimentary knowledge on motors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)