• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Get your stalking materials here! [Updated Sem II] (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: Get your stalking materials here!

I think it counts for the whole first year, though I could be wrong, but I remember needing to use the blue CoP forms in first year to drop a class

jake2.0

. . .
HSC

I dont want to change subjects, hopefully wont have to (fingers crossed), just wanted to know if i could change tute classes online or not. And as Asylum's pointed out i can its all gud :)

HSC

Thats mine ... but ill be applying to get exempt from STAT170 since i did somethin similar in my diploma... so yeah.. i asked the ppl at student services and they said us 1st years should be able to enrol in units and stuff on estudent after results come out .. so july 18 ...

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC

PwarYuex said:
Have you done Phonetics and Phonology?
You mean ling210? Well, I didn't study it this year, but i'm going to in the first semester of next year. You got mates doing it or something?

mserica

HSC

Only Two Subjects... Love being a part time student!

not looking forward to Stats...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

Haven't decided on subjects. Have to do my 3 cores;
ACCG340, ACCG323, BUSL320.
And then one, two or none out of;
ACCG400, XXXXxxx.

philly17

Mine is mon, tues, thurs , fri - Pol260, HIST 333, HIST 340 and TEP 246

Last edited by a moderator:

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A

I've decided to make so many changes to my timetable for next semester, I was set to be doing subjects that looked like they'd be fun, but now seem like a waste of time. Plus I haven't enrolled in any ENG units, so that has *got* to change.
So when can we change them by? After results come out? Cool. I did this last year, but I can't remember when I did it.
I know for sure I'll be doing CUL 202- Writing I: Profession, Industry, Art. And probably TEP 246.

buddys

HSC

when do the results for these exams come out? can we check on eStudent?:confused:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Sem 2 Timetable^^ (For Stalkers)

This seems like a procrastinating post, but I'm bit bored after did my P test this morning^^ And yes I passed the test...LOL

Ok, I start first with my timetable^^
Let me know if any of ya are gonna be in my class...LOL^^ BOS classmates :p

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Re: Sem 2 Timetable^^ (For Stalkers)

(see attached)

The one in pink/purple are potential classes for a potential subject.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Re: Sem 2 Timetable^^ (For Stalkers)

i have yet to change my classes

X

xeuyrawp

marchetta said:
You mean ling210? Well, I didn't study it this year, but i'm going to in the first semester of next year. You got mates doing it or something?
I think I should do it for morphology.

Anyhoo, people should get rid of their pwned html coding :p

GoodToGo said:
Any reason why you're doing LEGL100...apart from the major pwnage that will result in a proper law student taking it.
Totally late response: It was really interesting. Considering 114 was a stupid philosophical unit and, from what I've looked at on the 104 site, 104 is a silly introduction to legal systems unit, Macquarie doesn't seem to have any legal history units until LAW413. Edit: 114 has one whole week on the legal history! Where's Aspects of Legal History and Canon Law at Macquarie? :'(

Considering the legal system is basically founded on historical memory, I correctly figured that LEGL100 was a good choice. Also, I needed a reasonably straight-forward unit to do. :)

It's also time for a bump, with my updated timetable:

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A

PwarYuex said:
Totally late response: It was really interesting. Considering 114 was a stupid philosophical unit and, from what I've looked at on the 104 site, 104 is a silly introduction to legal systems unit, Macquarie doesn't seem to have any legal history units until LAW413. Edit: 114 has one whole week on the legal history! Where's Aspects of Legal History and Canon Law at Macquarie? :'(

Considering the legal system is basically founded on historical memory, I correctly figured that LEGL100 was a good choice. Also, I needed a reasonably straight-forward unit to do. :)
MQ's the unidisputed top law school for legal history, but they try not to force it down people's throat, so it's in terms of electives.

Yeah they changed the course outline in recent years. I did a subject called Torts/Legal History in 1st year...but now Bruce Kercher's too busy researching colonial case law to teach the Legal History component and Torts is moved to 2nd year.

You can still do LAW413 (easy to get waivers). You might've enjoyed LAW435 - Anglo-American Constitutional History, but I'm not sure if it's being taught next year with Drew Fraser's retirement.

There's also the legal history journal publishing unit...restricted to 5 law students, via gpa and interest - but maybe with your grades and interest, Andrew Buck might consider you.

X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
MQ's the unidisputed top law school for legal history, but they try not to force it down people's throat, so it's in terms of electives.
Bah, it should be forced down people's throats.

Yeah they changed the course outline in recent years. I did a subject called Torts/Legal History in 1st year...but now Bruce Kercher's too busy researching colonial case law to teach the Legal History component and Torts is moved to 2nd year.
Wasn't that unit run or supported by Gill Boehringer? <3 Gill

I really wish that jurisprudence wasn't the only first year first sem unit. I wish juris was a 4xx elective like it is everywhere else, and that first year first sem was 104 and a substantive unit like torts or contracts with a legal research and writing component in it.

You can still do LAW413 (easy to get waivers). You might've enjoyed LAW435 - Anglo-American Constitutional History, but I'm not sure if it's being taught next year with Drew Fraser's retirement.

There's also the legal history journal publishing unit...restricted to 5 law students, via gpa and interest - but maybe with your grades and interest, Andrew Buck might consider you.
Apparently 435 was really interesting... They should just put a warning on Fraser's units (This lecture might contain conservative pedagogy and racist propaganda) and get him back in. Everyone says he was rad.

As for the legal journal - isn't that encouraging research? I really just want to do coursework.

Anyway, LEGL100 was very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)