• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how big a change is yr 11 maths to yr 10 maths (1 Viewer)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
ahh yeh. i was completely unaware of the change of base formula. so u use that wen integrating logarithm functions of a base other than e?
Correct. The logarithm to the base e is the only logarithm who's derivative is and whose integral is . For all other bases you must change base to e.

bleakarcher

HSC
btw drongoski, i dont know all the topics. i only know volumez, integration, some of mechanics (resisted motion), some of polynomialz

bleakarcher

HSC
thanks. does anyone have another question. thank you btw aaeldar for adding that upon my knowledge.

bleakarcher

HSC
Simple, use a trigonometric substitution (ie let x=sin^2(theta))

sin^(-1)[x^(1/2)]-[x(1-x)]^(1/2)+C

Last edited:

bleakarcher

HSC
one last question make it challenging. btw how is engineering studiez coz i chose that lol? will having a good background in maths benefit me, coz i hear its greatly maths involved

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
one last question make it challenging. btw how is engineering studiez coz i chose that lol? will having a good background in maths benefit me, coz i hear its greatly maths involved
It's the most boring subject ever. I hate it with a passion, and like you I chose it because I thought it would be pretty maths based - I was wrong. There is a bit of maths in it but it's by no means hard, just annoying.

Not that hard but it's just the one that was in front of me.

bleakarcher

HSC
for the first one i used the substitution and ended up wif an even more complex integrand, where i had to use the binomial theorem, the first way seemz really tedious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)