• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to NOT pick up...:/ (1 Viewer)

HSC
if i had a girl follow me or go oout of her way to contact me randomly (like public transport or whatever) regardless of her age id be flattered not freaked out

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Casmira said:
if i had a girl follow me or go oout of her way to contact me randomly (like public transport or whatever) regardless of her age id be flattered not freaked out
really?? even if like, a 60 year old decrepit woman followed you around a city then decided to chat you up?

EWWWWW

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Shell said:
really?? even if like, a 60 year old decrepit woman followed you around a city then decided to chat you up?

EWWWWW
i'd hit it

have to hit something

arrested development
HSC
I think it's rather sweet. I wish someone would do that to me. :(

I've had wayyyy creepier men hit on me, and they're always always always middle-aged. The most recent one was some business man who was probably in his 50's. Anyway, I was just shopping in the city and I sat down on a bench to have a cigarette, and he was also sitting on said bench. He started chatting to me; just normal stuff like "what are you doing in the city?" "are you having a nice day?" etc... But then he started being really annoying and lecherous, and he was like "I'd love to take you out to dinner sometime." I almost vomited on his face. So I said "don't you think you're a bit...err...old for me?", to which he replied "how old are you?". So I told him I was 17 and he says "oh well, when you're 18 we can get married!"

And then he was, like, stroking the fur scarf that I was wearing and he was really trying to persuade me to take his phone number. He was also saying creepy things like "I can tell you've got a very open heart" and "always tell the truth; there is no point lying to yourself". So then I left and he was telling me that he'd send me a present for my birthday and that I'd feel it in my heart; and, finally, he told me to "never stop thinking about Joe" (ie. him).

I'm a freak-magnet. :(

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I'd like to hear from girls who have dated random old strangers - if they're alive.
They're alive.

Just locked up in the old guys basement.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
reminds me of my trian pic story
where a guy drew a pic of me on the trian without my knowledge then handed it to me and it said
"im sorry i couldnt finish it but to do so would depart ur mysterious beauty"
that was scary but highly flattering made me cry
lmao

Qlimax

HSC
these things happen pretty often around sydney city area anyway..
if you're a girl.. and you're decent looking.. expect to be asked for a dance or number .. especially in clubs..
i fyou wanna reject.. go rigth ahead..
the people who actually do the picking up are experienced in being rejected..
it wont hurt them at all..

:p
just simply use.. sorry.. i got a bf/gf trick..

Skeeta

HSC
Baiku said:
But why is it stalker like? For all a guy knows, the girl thought they were cute too. If the girl says she's not interested, or blows a guy off in any way, then fine, it'd be stalking to follow them somewhere. But there's nothing wrong with chasing after someone who you think is worth the effort. I've met people I really liked and forgot to work out how to contact them, surely we all have? If I had an option of running after a girl or not, I would. I think you girls should just be flattered that a guy is interested enough to make an effort for you, rather than get all paranoid about something that really doesn't harm you in any way whatsoever?

That's the end of my little rant...
my "mate" was the girl who followed the guy home

so uh.. yeah

arrested development
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
would you turn me down if i proposed?!?!? :(
No. As long as you're not some creepy old fat man. ;)

arrested development
HSC
Carnivour said:
Yeah, that's happened to me before in seedy places like train stations. I'm not that worried by those, I know they are just freaks who can't get any so they chat up random girls who are by themselves. Sometimes if they were especially ridiculous, I can get a good laugh out of them afterwards with my friends.

But...but...the thing is that this guy didn't superficially appear like one of those freaks at all! He didn't look like a guy who would need to ask random strange girls out, and like I said in any other situation I would consider him quite a catch, but not after being stalked (or selective walked after ^ haha) like that. I know most people are like "blah blah you should feel flattered etc" and I am very much flattered, but the more I think about it, the more I realise the only reason I turned him away was because of the way he went about it. I mean, there wasn't even a corny pick-up line. The first thing he said to me was "Are you single?"...I mean, wtf? That's one pretty confident guy.

I do really want to see that busker again though. :eek: I wish he followed me down the street haha....JUST KIDDING! No, really :eek:
Woah! Don't over-analyse things; some people are just very direct. I'm a rather direct person myself and I'll straight out tell people what I'm thinking or what I want. I guess he just thought "what the hell?! there's no harm in trying!" He probably just decided that you were really anal in the end anyway.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Dude, if some chick did that to me ... *awesome*

FOCUS: It seems this is a simple case where she feels intimidated by the guy, probably because he's a guy. If a chick did that to me - I wouldn't have been intimidated, I'd be stoked! [I mean following me for 25 mins, she would so have wanted to "hit that"]

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Qlimax said:
these things happen pretty often around sydney city area anyway..
if you're a girl.. and you're decent looking.. expect to be asked for a dance or number .. especially in clubs..
i fyou wanna reject.. go rigth ahead..
the people who actually do the picking up are experienced in being rejected..
it wont hurt them at all..

:p
just simply use.. sorry.. i got a bf/gf trick..
Don't tell them that!

but it's true, rejection isn't bad... for some reason, I find it funny sometimes :D

sourlemong

HSC
I reckon, base it on instinct! Personally I would probably blab out some lame excuse to cover my shock.

I remember last year I was out in the city, and I saw this group of guys. When I caught the bus home, I saw them again, and one of them asked for my number, and I was like :eek: *brain running at 200km/h* "I ...uh...um...don't have a mobile".

Come to think of it, I sounded so lame, because any dummy could tell I was lying. :mad1:

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
azzie said:
you should have just laughed and gone "oh im flattered but im a lesbian"
easy let down.
Not that this would suprise you....but the guy would just shoot back with something like "I'm up for that" or "Cool, lets find another babe and have 3sum"

Just shoot him right down with the most shocking thing you can think off!

"I like my men with all the features you havent got" Something random like that maybe.

ioniser

HSC
Mc_Meaney said:
Not that this would suprise you....but the guy would just shoot back with something like "I'm up for that" or "Cool, lets find another babe and have 3sum"

or "I'd like to be the meat in your sandwich"

Lainee

HSC
I get very easily freaked out with people I've just seen asking for my number. It's flattering when you get ones where you know the guy is just mucking around. I've given out fake phone numbers a few times, and there was this one time when I was starting to write down my number then changed my mind about it and changed the last two numbers... And I picked up the phone a few days afterwards and this guy tells me "I think you must have given me the wrong number, I took my chances and dialed about 50 other numbers until I got you." ...............hmmmm.

Just the other day I was at the postoffice and this guy actually says to me:
"I would give all the chickens and goats my family owns in India to go out with you." ...'er, well, thanks?' >.<

I think I attract weirdos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)