• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
So is Evan :D , Evan asks what kind of school did Marcus go to?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
Evan congrats!! You deserve all the best!
Evan indeed does but enough about Evan and his venting someone fill this thread with something!
Diana what subjects do you do?

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus went to Homebush Boys High School. It is both a public and selective school. If you are within the 2km radius of the school, you are allowed in without examination. If you are out of area, you have to sit the Selective Schools Exam. Luckily, Marcus was just in area didn't have to go to the trouble of the Selective Schools Examination (of which he is very glad).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Marcus you shouldn't have worried those tests are like STAT-lite, they're just pfft.
Diana why don't you do Ext.Hist you obviously love the subject.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Diana's teacher wanted her to do MHis and she didnt want to do 12units........

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
At Evan's school they force everyone even the dummies to do 12 units if not more

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus probably would have failed the Selective Schools Examination. Here's why.
Whilst doing his HSC, Marcus applied for special provision - to use a lap-top during exams - because his handwriting is illegible. Part of this application required assessment by a clinical psychologist. The psychologist administered the intelligence and proficiency tests as part of the assessment, and discovered a "clinically interesting" disparity between Marcus' highest and lowest scores. In the language test, Marcus scored in the 99th percentile - (age equivalent - quite to Marcus shock - to that of a 36 year old post grad). In the spatial intelligence test, however, Marcus scored in the "low average" range. The psychologist informed Marcus that less than 5% of the population is estimated to have such a large disparity. Thus Marcus would have failed the Selective Schools Examination, for whilst his English is good, his Maths' really sucks.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
At TAFE's HSC department they say you have to take 6 subs regardless. Evan thinks this is a good idea as everyone has a backup unit or two and that the workload isn't really that heavy when you consider some people at TAFE do 22 units. I mean check my profile to see my course load we all do overtime.
Edit: Marcus would have got in there weren't many math problems it was all logic, comprehension and some crap about Cap. Cook

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hmmph, Evan is still proud of his percentile( which was probably a misprint but who cares)

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus appreciates Evan's and Diana's support, but maintains that he has his own limitations. He does not, however, allow these limitations to rule him.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
kami said:
Hmmph, Evan is still proud of his percentile( which was probably a misprint but who cares)

Marcus loathes that some people use contests of intelligence to decide "whom is better than whom". Having a sense of soul seems so much greater to Marcus. Marcus tells Evan that a percentile is not a true measure of a person.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan still maintains Marcus would have passed. And Marcus must learn that in this it is not his limitations that rule him but his ambition. He could, can and will conquer his difficulties and show the world the true talent that is among them.
Edit: Evan senses an implied criticism in those words Marcus
Edit: Its a real pity you didn't take one of the Distinction courses because they were designed for people like you
Edit: The reason I take on all these subjects is because I feel the need to prove it to myself plus I enjoy the sensation of learning

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
Diana nearly had a heart attack. She would like to ask Marcus if he is really writing, editing and compiling a dictionary

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
kami said:
Evan still maintains Marcus would have passed. And Marcus must learn that in this it is not his limitations that rule him but his ambition. He could, can and will conquer his difficulties and show the world the true talent that is among them.
Marcus thanks Evan, but tells him that he never believed himself to be ruled by his own limitations. He will pursue what he loves in life unstaunched by percentiles, assessments and opinions (though he may learn from them) - because he loves living.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)