• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Islam Discussion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Give us one logical reason to believe in any religion (including atheism).
Unless we venture into the fantastic, a world where it's possible that you don't REALLY exist, then atheism seems to provide the best answers. We are willing to accept the most reasonable explanation when it comes to most things, why not God?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Look:

True Believers of Islamic Faith will enter Heaven...the rest is up to Allah.

tfiuc

HSC
acmilan said:
Then why did you present a website which is wrong as evidence of the scientific accuracy of the quaran? Also you ignored my posts.
I didn't ignore it, I simply didn't have time to respond.

- Angels have low mass
- Angels are made of light
- Since Angels are made of light, the speed Angels travel at is the speed light travels at
- Light is massless, so Angels are massless
- But Angels have low mass, so they must have mass?
We don't know for certain (that is through evidence by experiment, hence the theory of relativity.) that photons wiegh 0, it's just an estimate. Therefore, it is fair to say, photons have a low mass, and which could be any number which is greater than or equal to 0, but less than the lowest mass we have sucessfully recorded.

- Lets introduce mass dilation, something that the author conveniently didnt mention
- I repeat, Angels travel at close to the speed of light, so Angels have an enormous mass, which becomes infinite as they get closer to light speed.

Conclusion: Angels have low mass, no mass and infinitely large mass.

Contradiction, much?
You accused the author of ignoring somehting, where you did the EXACT same thing! You are using relative mass here and comparing it with invariable mass. Of course, the relative mass is enormous (that is if we say light and angels have mass), but invariable mass is still the same- and that is low.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
That is an argument against one conception of God, albeit one held by most religions.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
zahid said:
Look:

True Believers of Islamic Faith will enter Heaven...the rest is up to Allah.
According to your beliefs.

According to mine you'll be food for worms.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Damage Inc. said:
Isn't that what I'm trying to do?
I'm just saying, it doesn't prove that there is no God at all

But it seems you weren't trying to argue that anyway.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
TO ALL NON- MUSLIMS....

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO DISPROVE ISLAM? I still don't understand. Ok so in your personal opinion Islam is wrong, well thats perfectly fine. Keep that to yourself, and us Muslims will go on believing and this can't be changed....I think u may close this thread now moon.

refer to the Zahidist School of logic.

loquasagacious said:
Following the Zahidist school of logic once two opposing positions have reached a point of irreconcilable stalemate a satisfactory situation has been reached and the problem solved.

Last edited:

tfiuc

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Here is one proof that "god" doesn't exist.
That is a good point, here is something that will make things clearer:
http://muttaqun.com/freewill.html

And by the way, it isn't up to me to prove that "god" doesn't exist. It is up to you to prove that "god" exists.
That is just lazy- so when we can't prove it, and you wont even try to disprove it (because you cant- but you wont admit it..), that means that god doesn't exist? Sure..

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
That is just lazy- so when we can't prove it, and you wont even try to disprove it (because you cant- but you wont admit it..), that means that god doesn't exist? Sure..

Unless we venture into the fantastic, a world where it's possible that you don't REALLY exist, then atheism seems to provide the best answers. We are willing to accept the most reasonable explanation when it comes to most things, why not God?

STFU.

tfiuc

HSC
Ohhhh, Thanks a bunch Not-That-Bright, I now understand everything so clearly now- why couldn't someone put it so simply before? If they did, everyone would have become athiest by now. Again, thanks for that non-retarded reply ;)

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
This is in reply to those people saying that there is no proof that Islam is the true religion. Let us for a second assume that all of the great religions including Islam, christianity and Judaism are true.

They all teach peace and harmony. Now the religion which is superior is the one which has not been tampered with and thus is still credible. Out of all the religions, Islam is the one that fits this description and thus is the most credible and authentic.

Those people trying to ask the validity of Islam should ask themselves why their own religion is true.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
Existence of God

For all of those people denying the existence of God, take a minute and think about this.

A creation requires a creator. Our universe is a creation, in that it didn't just appear out of nowhere. The design of the universe is such that everything falls perfectly into place. Now ask yourselves this, how can an intelligent life form (humans) come into existence without a creator? It is just basic logic. A creation requires a creator, which is God.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Riqtay said:
This is in reply to those people saying that there is no proof that Islam is the true religion. Let us for a second assume that all of the great religions including Islam, christianity and Judaism are true.

They all teach peace and harmony. Now the religion which is superior is the one which has not been tampered with and thus is still credible. Out of all the religions, Islam is the one that fits this description and thus is the most credible and authentic.

Those people trying to ask the validity of Islam should ask themselves why their own religion is true.
I don't follow a religion. I don't even follow atheism. I am an agnostic, and hence I am correct, so fuck you.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Riqtay said:
For all of those people denying the existence of God, take a minute and think about this.

A creation requires a creator. Our universe is a creation, in that it didn't just appear out of nowhere. The design of the universe is such that everything falls perfectly into place. Now ask yourselves this, how can an intelligent life form (humans) come into existence without a creator? It is just basic logic. A creation requires a creator, which is God.
1. Everything requires a creator.
2. Hence singularity has a creator.
3. Hence God exists.
4. Hence God requires a creator.
5. Hence God's creator requires a creator etc.

kthxbai

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
This is a discussion and so all arguments should be based on reasoning and logic. Petty name calling is not conducive to a proper discussion and is unwise. I ask everyone in this forum to post threads based on reasoning and logic.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
I guess the existence of God lies with religious dogma. We need to have faith in a being from whom we can gain salvation and sanctuary. God is such a being.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Riqtay said:
This is a discussion and so all arguments should be based on reasoning and logic. Petty name calling is not conducive to a proper discussion and is unwise. I ask everyone in this forum to post threads based on reasoning and logic.
I'm sorry, but after 50 odd pages of arguments of theists who refuse to acknowledge logic in any way, shape or form, I fail to see how a logical argument with an insult tacked on is any worse. Now please respond to the logic behind why agnosticism is wrong, rather than dismissing it for a tacked on insult because you can't rebutt it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Riqtay said:
I guess the existence of God lies with religious dogma. We need to have faith in a being from whom we can gain salvation and sanctuary. God is such a being.
So you believe that God is a being created by the human mind to fill a void to make themselves feel loved.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
If there is no God, where do you go after you die? If there is no hereafter (because their is no God) then our lives are being lived in vain.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Riqtay said:
If there is no God, where do you go after you die? If there is no hereafter (because their is no God) then our lives are being lived in vain.
Impermanance does not mean that they are in vain. If I can spend 70 years enjoying myself then I do not feel my life is being lived in vain, and besides such an argument is an argumentum ad metum, and does nothing to logically establish the existence of a God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)