• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Marxine's Iced Chocolate = Not worth it! (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I got ripped off badly on Monday night. Steve and I went to some fancy bar on Bond St and I ordered an iced chocolate. What do I get? A 1/3rd sized frickin chocolate milkshake! And a crappy one at that! No cream, no sprinkles, no spoon, just chocolate syrup and milk. And it cost $4.50. I hate it when things like that happen.

Rich people obviously have no idea. Or class :p

Marxines makes good hot chocolates though.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
hate the hot chocolates at the uni. They are no where near chocolaty enough and they never seem to get the milk hot enough. When i get a coffee the milk is always good but for some reason it never is with hot chocolates- i think they are cursed.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol i like the hot chocolates at uni a lot
i like the milk as well
i had a hot chocolate elsewhere recently and the milk was shocking

where can i find hot chocolate that is like thick, melted chocolate?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Max Brenner, baby!

I've had mostly good experiences with Marxine's hot chocolate, mainly because I actually prefer WARM chocolate. Although admittedly, sometimes it has been borderline cold! The reason for this is that at Marxines they seem to heat up milk in bulk, which is fine if they are psychic and time everything right. Of course sometimes it doesn't work out, and instead of throwing the cooled-down milk away... they just serve it and hope you don't notice. :(

MJ: That ice chocolate you describe sounds a bit like Marxine's one, except I got a small scoop of ice cream thrown in (and it just floats around on the top... so attractive).

*hopeful*

HSC
marxines hot choco is d best in winter esp wen ur in d library studyin late (or should be) just b4 examz

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Max Brenner, baby!
I think you have recommended that before, I have to go there.
Has anyone tried hot chocolate at the Lindt Concept Store?

HSC
N/A
I haven't but I have been told it is to die for :S

iambored said:
I think you have recommended that before, I have to go there.
Max Brenner rocks on multiple levels. It's good to go with friends for a fantastic chocolatey lunch, my friend says it's perfect for a first date if you have fondue ;) and it is perfect for a one-on-one with your best girlfriend after you have just been screwed over by a guy. Tick tick tick, awesomeness!

... oh and for those who don't like chocolate, apparently they also make egg sandwiches :p Um, appetising...

Last edited:

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Best hot chocolate ive had is from a streets icecream shop. They have ice cream but also make milkshakes, coffee, thinkshakes etc etc. Anyway you can get a combo of milk, white or dark (i got milk and white) and they actually put the chocolate into the milk jug when they do the milk. Best.hot.chocolate.ever!!!!!!!!

I go to castle hill just to have one of those.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
*USyder sneaks into ClubMac and takes a look around*

glitterfairy said:
Max Brenner, baby!
Love Max Brenner!! Just like European hot chocolate, which is, literally just melted liquid chocolate. Mmmm!! Heaven in a cup.

iambored[/quote said:
Lindt Concept Store
Very good all round chocolate - they serve hot waffles with pure, melted chocolate which you pour over it - the best tasting calories that side of the bridge I reckon. Their cold drinks are fantastic, thick and chocolatey with honeycomb and other stuff (depending on the one you get) and whilst their hot chocolate isn't like the Max Brenner European melted chocolate variety, its still rich and creamy - it has more milk than Max Brenners and its still really excellent.

And I just love chocolate in general.

*USyder crawls back towards Newtown...*

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
hate you people! im doing an all nighter and all i think about is hot chocolate ( from the lindt concept store iambored was on about) and a nice hot dog with melted cheese from that dodgy looking caravan on sydneham rd in marrickville... drools

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
All nighter? Haha, you too aye :)

What are you doing it on? I'm researching the history and cultural impact of the mp3 format for an essay....haha fuck i love my degree

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
you love what your doing, i dont :p

icom101 critical essay and finalising the cul101 portfolio ( the body as theme btw, half of my porfolio contain nekkid pics:D)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, yeah, I know, I love it too much :( haha

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what is ftw????
i googled and it said "for the win" :confused: i think it means something along the lines of "good"?

HSC
N/A
^ I'm assuming as much as well.

ujuphleg said:
Love Max Brenner!! Just like European hot chocolate, which is, literally just melted liquid chocolate. Mmmm!! Heaven in a cup.
Yo...I know we didn't do Max Brenner this morning, but how about we go there for breakfast next week? :D:D:D:D Yes yes? Let's give Lynny a dose of rich, sugary chocolate to start the day with so she bounces around for the next 24 hours? :nod:

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
mMm max brenner
anyone for fondue
is that how u spell fondue
well whatever i want some

HSC
N/A
Guys...

All this talk about chocolate makes me want some.

Anyone want to have a "chocolate day" sometime in the holidays? We'll go to like, Max Brenner and stuff :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)