• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Movies that you hate but everyone else likes (2 Viewers)

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
SashatheMan said:
lol the first time i saw it , i wanted like hour and a half back. but yeh i remember going back to school and hearing people talk lines from it, thats what enraged me the most, such shitty movies are favourable with so many thick people.

especially that part with the asian chick saying "and then" . it made my blood boil when someone tried to recreate that and laughed out loud after. i was around to jab a pole through their lower back.
Dare I say it? andddddddddddddddd thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Argonaut said:
And Monkey Butler, Attack of the Clones wasn't that bad. It had all the elements of the backstory to Episodes IV-VI, it just wasn't as fluid as it could have been, mostly because of a few plot holes and the way the story seemed to jump a lot (ie they're investigating one part fo the plot and then BAM! they're at another plot point and it's not that clear how they got there). And the name sucked.
No, it was that bad. Despite all the pretty pictures on screen, it was as dull as a fence post.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Lord of the Rings, well I just cringed a lot in the third

Aragorn when he leads this army he says something along the lines of "lets show em what we're made of (or something) MEN.... OF THE WEST!!!"

and i'm like... west? *cringe cringe*

And all the guys on those cool elephant things, they were all black. All of them. Labelled as barbarians *cringe cringe cringe cringe*

Though Arwen and Aragorn, those two are so beautiful. The whole child thing, and Hell did I cry when he lifted her chin and locked lips..... *tear*

waterfowl

HSC
But you have to remember ur_inner_child that the movie was based on a book that was written long ago, when those attitudes would have been around.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
waterfowl said:
But you have to remember ur_inner_child that the movie was based on a book that was written long ago, when those attitudes would have been around.
that's true, though it would've been nice for the director to figure out that values change over time, and the power that media and literacy has over society in a very subconsious level and what not, and even just a black elf somewhere might've been nice!

hahahaha.

Fry

im an idiot said:
yea i hate ben stiller i dont get why he is so funny. anyone could have done meet the parents better than him.
Ben Stiller is a bloody legend. it's not so much his comedic talents that makes him funny, but rather his facial expressions and his overall 'look', i.e. short, stiff, goofy and dumb. he often plays the underdog who's easily picked on and most people can relate to or sympathise with him.

too cute!

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
matrix 1 has a new concept and great adeas i dont understand why u dotn like it. its got religious techniques. but thats a good thing, it what gives the movie depth, u say u dont want it in there, well remove that and the movie becomes less and less. maybhe yuo are just slow and dont understand movies deep enough and only like the fighting scenes
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Why did no one else pick up on this pearler?
If you think the Matrix is original, you REALLY need to read more sci-fi.

And anyone who didn't find Shaun of the Dead funny isn't a real person, or stupid.

Cab31

HSC
I really didnt like the notebook. Everybody i speak to says they cried the whole movie and they love to crap on about how it was 'so sad'. The only thing sad about it was the acting - terrible - especially the guy who played noah - like what idiot hired him?!?

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
I liked Shawn of the dead and scary movie. I thought they were great parodies and I usually love parodies that make fun of stupid movies like Scream - now that's a fucking stupid movie.

And the latest movie in my hate list is Saw. The stupidest movie ever created.

monique66

SashatheMan said:
lol the first time i saw it , i wanted like hour and a half back. but yeh i remember going back to school and hearing people talk lines from it, thats what enraged me the most, such shitty movies are favourable with so many thick people.

especially that part with the asian chick saying "and then" . it made my blood boil when someone tried to recreate that and laughed out loud after. i was around to jab a pole through their lower back.
yeah and the stupid thing about the tatoos 'dude' and 'sweet'- bah, just thinking about that movie makes me angry!

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
HellVeN said:
I liked Shawn of the dead and scary movie. I thought they were great parodies and I usually love parodies that make fun of stupid movies like Scream - now that's a fucking stupid movie.

And the latest movie in my hate list is Saw. The stupidest movie ever created.
i didn't really see shawn of the dead as a parody, more as a comedy homage to zombie movies. and scary movie was shit. there is maybe one laugh per each of those movies. they are just not funny.

not another teen movie on the other hand. now that was a quality parody. one of the funniest movies ive ever seen

kittycat552

The Big Bounce was too lame for words.

I watched Dodgeball yeste and found it amusing...there is one golden quote which goes something along the lines of ben stiller saying "well, isn't that convenient for you, and the clock" which is hilarious in context.

artfag

Banned
HSC
HellVeN said:
isn't Scream a parody?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
The Matrix, only saw the first one, didnt bother with the others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)