• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
What a shock, the Roosters manage to sneak one more under the salary cap. I have lost what little respect I held for Braith Anasta.

Poor Souths!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
All bow down to Stuart Raper - HE'S FINALLY MADE SOME CHANGES!!!!

1 DAVID PEACHEY
2 DAVID SIMMONS
3 NIGEL VAGANA
4 VINCE MELLARS
5 NATHAN MERRITT (about 100 points a bloody game in Premier League :D)
6 ADAM DYKES
7 BRETT KIMMORLEY
8 HUTCH MAIAVA
9 KEVIN KINGSTON (this kid finally gets a shot)
10 DANNY NUTLEY
11 SAM ISEMONGER
12 PHIL BAILEY
13 PAUL GALLEN

Interchange:

14 KEITH GALLOWAY (biggest pussy in the game - being the tallest player in the NRL, you think he'd run hrd, but after Hoppa elbowed him, he's got even softer)
15 PHILLIP LEULUAI
16 REECE WILLIAMS
17 MICHAEL SULLIVAN (go to hell Sullivan you're a piece of shit, or clean up your shit son)

Merritt and Kingston!!!! We might actually win against the Knights :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Is Covell injured or something? our out of favour? go vince mellars, former warriors product :D

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
To the guys and girls on this forum who know me but don't know the news, the reason I haven't been here the last few days is because my grandfather passed away on Sunday. The funeral's tomorrow and I'll be doing the eulogy.

Anyway, onto the topic of rugby league.

First off, Trent Barrett. While I feel that his actions deserved a suspension, I would like to raise the issue of precedent. I can't understand why the Dragons didn't contest the charge and take video footage of Round 1, 2003, when Brisbane beat Penrith 24-20 at Penrith Stadium (from memory, that was the score... might have been 24-22...). I would have thought they take in the video of Tallis bashing the crap out of Ben Ross, show the judiciary that, and their job was done.

But he copped the early plea, and know our halves for the Manly game are Holdsworth and Sheppard. That's quite unnerving, actually.

Secondly, the Roosters have rorted the NRL and signed both Anasta and Harrison. And, in the process, screwed Souths chances at signing any big names, consigning them to a crappy near future. They might have to make their top priorities Tony Grimaldi and Ben Galea now, because I strongly doubt Orford will want to go there now.

However, looking at the Roosters' forward pack for 2006, they will now have a lack of size (apart from Morley), and they will have to focus on the increased mobility of the forwards. Players like Ben Hannant, Mickey Paea, Richard Fa'aoso, Nigel Plum, George Rose and Heath Lestrange will have to stand up, otherwise the Roosters will be screwed on the bench.

Melbourne signed Crocker, and now they are looking at fellow Qld rep, Ben Ross. I always thought that this was all too predictable for season 2006, following the huge hits they took in the forward department at the end of 2004.

Canberra signed Jason Smith for another year, which is definitely good news for them. They are nothing without him. If he can reproduce his early season form, Canberra could just push for the Finals this season.

The Sharks have some huge problems, and I have a feeling they will drop out of the eight by season's end. It seems they are axing half the squad for this weekend's match against last-placed Newcastle, and it will be interesting to see how they perform with the huge local derby at Kogarah in a fortnight.

If the Sea Eagles lose to the Dragons this weekend, it will make it two losses at a row at Brookvale, and that would probably spell the end of "Fortress Brooky". If they lose this weekend, look for them to suddenly start a freefall down the competition ladder. They've already lost three in a row, and not coincidentally, Anthony Watmough has been injured for the same amount of time. He's still out for another three, I think, and by the time he returns, Manly may have shot their Finals' chances in the foot.

It's too hard to make up my mind about the Roosters. They have the players to be dangerous enough, but they have no direction inside the opposition red zone. While Ryan Cross is out, their attacking options are exponentially decreased, and in the last three matches, I think they've only scored seven tries.

The Dragons were destroyed by the bye. The prospect of the holiday and an easy two points led to a sub-standard performance against the Tigers, and they lost for the sixth straight time coming off a bye, running out of steam against a very good Parramatta side.

The Tigers have suddenly hit form again, but it seems every time they do this, they end up collapsing. I recall last season, when they only needed one win from their last four games to make the eight and proceeded to lose every single match. If they can keep it up, they'll finish in the eight, but history says that they will collapse in a bundle again.

Brisbane and Parramatta are the teams to beat at the moment, and the Cowboys, despite their slip-up against the Knights, are still a top three side. With Cronulla and Manly looking like they are running out of legs, the race for the all-important home final is looking very interesting. In reality, though, the Storm only need to win every second game from here on, and their amazing points differential will probably guarantee them a top four position.

Sorry for the long post....

ledzeppelin

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
First off, Trent Barrett. While I feel that his actions deserved a suspension, I would like to raise the issue of precedent. I can't understand why the Dragons didn't contest the charge and take video footage of Round 1, 2003, when Brisbane beat Penrith 24-20 at Penrith Stadium (from memory, that was the score... might have been 24-22...). I would have thought they take in the video of Tallis bashing the crap out of Ben Ross, show the judiciary that, and their job was done.
if i remember correctly, you aren't allowed to show videos of prior incidents to help you in your case
i remember that punch-up, it was a deadset joke that tallis didn't get suspended

DRAGONZ said:
Secondly, the Roosters have rorted the NRL and signed both Anasta and Harrison. And, in the process, screwed Souths chances at signing any big names, consigning them to a crappy near future. They might have to make their top priorities Tony Grimaldi and Ben Galea now, because I strongly doubt Orford will want to go there now.
any proof on that rorting?
how have the roosters screwed souths? it's not their fault that they are a much more attractive club to play at
ben galea has re-signed with tigers, i believe

DRAGONZ said:
However, looking at the Roosters' forward pack for 2006, they will now have a lack of size (apart from Morley), and they will have to focus on the increased mobility of the forwards. Players like Ben Hannant, Mickey Paea, Richard Fa'aoso, Nigel Plum, George Rose and Heath Lestrange will have to stand up, otherwise the Roosters will be screwed on the bench.
agreed
my source tells me that there may be a big signing tomorrow however
also, according to foxsports new they have signed charlie tonga, who is good depth

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
snickerdoodle said:
What a shock, the Roosters manage to sneak one more under the salary cap. I have lost what little respect I held for Braith Anasta.

Poor Souths!
Alloow me to preface this statement with: I hate the Roosters like poison. Every year I think they rort the salary cap but i think this is probably the first legitimate year they would have money to spend. They lost or a losing 3 big name forwards in cayless ricko and crocker and they've only bought harrison and anasta, so maybe they're clean.

Secondly you said you had little respect for anasta. You should be disgusted with yourself for having any respect for him AT ALL! He went from the dogs to the roosters. that's 2 really hateable clubs that both deserve him so what the hell are we complaining about?

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
To the guys and girls on this forum who know me but don't know the news, the reason I haven't been here the last few days is because my grandfather passed away on Sunday. The funeral's tomorrow and I'll be doing the eulogy.
sry to hear:(

Boo_

HSC
damn the roosters...their giving me more reasons to hate them...for some reason i really want souths to play well one year...

Boo_

HSC
Bookie said:
I see your a Drags fan, and I'd like to put some expletives up here
hey, leave the dragons fan alone!!! itz not our fault hornby is injured...I WANT HORNBY BAC!!!

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Buggdogg said:
Secondly you said you had little respect for anasta. You should be disgusted with yourself for having any respect for him AT ALL! He went from the dogs to the roosters. that's 2 really hateable clubs that both deserve him so what the hell are we complaining about?
Well see, the first club, the Dogs right, that's MY club. Because I love the Bulldogs from the bottom of my very heart I appreciate everything players do on the field, even if I think they are total tools - ie, Braith Anasta.

DRAGONZ - Sorry to hear about your grandfather. My condolences go to you and your family.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Bookie said:
We can all conclude that we hate the Rorters, love the logo Boo, mind if I copy the image?
If I supported a club who had won ZERO premierships, I'd hate a much more successful club like Easts too.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
If I supported a club who had won ZERO premierships, I'd hate a much more successful club like Easts too.
they have only been merged for what 6yrs? thats only a small amount compared to the 70 - 80 yrs the roosters have been around.

ledzeppelin

HSC
shortygb said:
they have only been merged for what 6yrs? thats only a small amount compared to the 70 - 80 yrs the roosters have been around.
i was talking about cronulla
and the roosters have been around for 98 years

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
Mate, cronulla never have won the premiership and never will win the premiership, all your crying and bitching about how the roosters are 'cheats' is not gonna change that! So you can just sit in the stands at shark park with all the other sharks supporters clutching to the faint hope that perhaps this is the year of the "mighty" Cronulla Sharks.
ledzeppelin said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to brogan77 again.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ledzeppelin again.
I luv you guys :D You guys speak my mind.

Pfft who cares with what Bookie has to say- im sure i can figure out lots of things to say about Sharks but i dnt scoop to his low standards as to continuously demean someone's else's team so that they feel better about their own team. Also, im not as decadent as to make stupid assumptions that have no valdity either. Im so sick and tired of having to reply to that bookie guy-- i just cant be fucked anymore. He can sit and whinge, cos its funny having to watch him make pathetic attempts to make a 'valid' debate when most of time- his arguments have no support and legality.[eg. when he uses the term 'Overrated" which is a term used with great jealousy, thus meaning his own opinion interferes with fact]. Suits me fine actually because i can sit and laugh at how sad that guy really is. Probably because all he says means jackshit to me, my love and support for the Roosters strengthens me. Like snickerdoodle said about his bulldogs, i appreciate everything my players do on the field and i love them all to bits. So when ppl just accuse roosters of being cheats, i just laugh at its futility cos i know its not true- and thats what matters.

boo_ said:
damn the roosters...their giving me more reasons to hate them...for some reason i really want souths to play well one year...
Its alright bradley, Souths beat Sharks- thats good enough considering the Sharks think they're top4 contenders. :eek: And its alright for you to hate Roosters cos i hate the Dragons as much as you hate us. :uhhuh:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Sharks dont think theyre top 4 contenders! We're fucking wooden spooners at this rate [still on top of you guys]. We're shit. But we don't cheat. You can't deny your cheating ways, right? So now you change the focus to "Go Roosters! We love cheating!"

Cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)