• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Opinions sass and bide (1 Viewer)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
see the brown is something ide wear now coz i am conservative...sort of have to be

but i guess after i lose this weight and down to the size i want, i want to try wearing different stuff that i've always thought looked hot but on other girls.. which is why i'm looking at the two jackets now and trying to decide between the two...either way, im going massive warddrobe changing after i get to my ideal weight :D...

Do i go with whats comfortable? or do i go for something i consider "me?" lol See the brown jacket is me, but only if it had something like that yellow top underneath but that denim jacket is just so hot lol

I'm not going to buy either right now.. im just looking at the denim as sort of my inspiration to keep going lol
lol thats like me. conservative cuz i have to be. but then,i like most things as long as it doesn't make me look fatter, and as long as its black and/or pink lol.

and yeh, im gonna have a massive wardrobe change tooo =D how much fun would that be. im gonna stop buying clothes for now to save up for later lol.

btw, i prefer the brown jacket.

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
see the brown is something ide wear now coz i am conservative...sort of have to be

but i guess after i lose this weight and down to the size i want, i want to try wearing different stuff that i've always thought looked hot but on other girls.. which is why i'm looking at the two jackets now and trying to decide between the two...either way, im going massive warddrobe changing after i get to my ideal weight :D...

Do i go with whats comfortable? or do i go for something i consider "me?" lol See the brown jacket is me, but only if it had something like that yellow top underneath but that denim jacket is just so hot lol

I'm not going to buy either right now.. im just looking at the denim as sort of my inspiration to keep going lol
My approach to clothes is like this: (heavily inspired from Trinny and Susannah)

Even if you loose weight, unless you have undergone MAJOR weightloss (I'm talking obese to on the healthy scale) your "shape" will still stay the same - so all your 'good points' and 'bad points' will still be there, and by extension so too will the clothes that suit you (and the ones that don't).

If I were skinnier, I would still wear the same clothes... no miniskirts because my legs are chunky and will still be chunky even if the rest of me is skinny, and no hipsters worn with crop tops because I have a podgy lower tummy... however I would STILL be wearing dark hipster bootcut jeans because they make my legs look longer/cover my chunky legs, and I would STILL be a huge fan of singlet and halter tops because they show off my daintier upper half, and I would STILL be wearing lots of elbow-length tops because they cover up my proportionately chunky upper arms but show off my skinnier forearms. And even when I one day put on weight, I will still be wearing the same sorts of clothes :)

So enough about shape. What about style?

If there's a style you like and looks good on you, then get it :) There's no reason to hold off clothes 'because you're not as skinny as you want to be yet', unless they're SO unforgiving that they only look good on skinny binnies (such as skinny jeans and those mod-inspired sweaters with horizontal stripes), and even then fads like that rarely stay in fashion for long.

I've watched many a "What Not To Wear" episode, and I swear I'm not being over-naive when I say that they can make size 14 and 16 (and beyond) women look GREAT, in fact far greater than their size 10 and 12 friends. To quote from my S&T book:

"Don't believe that the only way you can feel better about yourself is loosing weight or cosmetic surgery. You can change how you look today by learning how to show off your best assets and disguise the ones you don't like."

In case you haven't noticed, I majorly *puffyheart* Trinny and Susannah, and if I ever sign up on ebay buying all of their books is going to be the first thing I do!!!

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
yo asylum, you gonna be out to watch the socceroos and samurais soccer match?

brown looks way better. i havnt read any other replies above, but is the blue denim? ok i just saw the decription its denim. dont get denim jackets unless you dont wear denim on the bottom.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol!! this thread was the last piece of proof i needed to tell me that the mac section of the forum has now become a forum in it's own right. lol, we've become antisocial with the rest of the forum - i know how you feel about wanting mac people's opinions, it's more familiar and it seems like you can trust them more

i'll edit this when i actually read the thread

monique66

iambored said:
lol!! this thread was the last piece of proof i needed to tell me that the mac section of the forum has now become a forum in it's own right. lol, we've become antisocial with the rest of the forum - i know how you feel about wanting mac people's opinions, it's more familiar and it seems like you can trust them more

i'll edit this when i actually read the thread
hahaha, posting without reading!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
damnation said:
hahaha, posting without reading!
all i needed to read was the title, rofl
... still reading the thread...

edit
i like the brown one better. i loved blue denim jackets for years so i am a bit over them at the moment. i don't like if i really like the colour of the blue of the denim atm either. i quite like the shape of the brown and all the detail. also it's 'different' so you won't find anything like that anywhere else, the blue one is a bit more mainstream. i also really like the colour, it's got a bit of grey in it as well which i love atm.

glitterfairy said:
If I were skinnier, I would still wear the same clothes... no miniskirts because my legs are chunky and will still be chunky even if the rest of me is skinny, and no hipsters worn with crop tops because I have a podgy lower tummy... however I would STILL be wearing dark hipster bootcut jeans because they make my legs look longer/cover my chunky legs, and I would STILL be a huge fan of singlet and halter tops because they show off my daintier upper half, and I would STILL be wearing lots of elbow-length tops because they cover up my proportionately chunky upper arms but show off my skinnier forearms. And even when I one day put on weight, I will still be wearing the same sorts of clothes :)
thinking like this makes me feel like i'm doing things wrong. i first started thinking about it when natstar said something awhile ago about dressing for your shape. i don't have an eye for picking out bad points on myself or other people. yeah there are things i don't like but i just get over it. so i have no idea what i shouldn't be wearing so i wear (almost) anything that i like.

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
when you wear a denim jacket you dont necessarily have to wear jeans do you?
I reckon its just way too much denim...i got this dark blue denim jacket...and i can never match it wit ne of the jeans i got...i wear like biegy colour pants with it...

lol im kinda lost when it comes to fashion :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha no supra, that's kind of one of the current no-nos - when you wear a denim jacket you do NOT wear it with jeans
sounds like you have a natural eye for fashion then, since you picked up on the too much denim thing yourself :p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
iambored said:
haha no supra, that's kind of one of the current no-nos - when you wear a denim jacket you do NOT wear it with jeans
sounds like you have a natural eye for fashion then, since you picked up on the too much denim thing yourself :p
yay :)

damnation said:
wow...its so..blue! lol

Everything in that picture is just so wrong =S
agreed...looks horrific to say the least.

*hopeful*

HSC
oh my....tackiness to the max

but i still prefer the denim jacket over brown :p

monique66

lol, i have three denim jackets but hardly wear them because i usualy wear jeans out :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
thinking like this makes me feel like i'm doing things wrong. i first started thinking about it when natstar said something awhile ago about dressing for your shape. i don't have an eye for picking out bad points on myself or other people. yeah there are things i don't like but i just get over it. so i have no idea what i shouldn't be wearing so i wear (almost) anything that i like.
natstar.. i remember her, from the days i used to venture into tertiary general! she was nice but way too serious about uni pride lol... for some reason whenever i think of natstar i think of her wearing a jacket with a BIG "UWS" logo on the back and front lol

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
This is why I love Trinny and Susannah so much.

Most people aren't born knowing what does and doesn't work for them - sometimes they're clever enough to work it out on their own, but most of the time people have to learn it from somewhere/something/someone.

I'd say the easiest thing to start off with, if you haven't already, is to look at colour. Wrap various coloured articles of clothing around yourself (too troublesome to actually put them on) and have a look at yourself in the mirror with GOOD lighting. Do the colours look good on you? (note: this does NOT mean "do you like this colour?" Liking something and noticing something that is "right" for you are two completely different things) Put all the colours that look good on you in one pile, all the colours that don't in the other pile. You'll probably notice that the two piles of clothing tend to co-ordinate very well in regards to colour, however one is suitable for your skin tone - and the other is not! The best thing to do now is to be absolutely ruthless. Put the colours that suit you back into your wardrobe, and have the others delegated to a box, or at the very back where you won't see them as often (and hence won't wear them as often). Regardless of what shape you are, if a colour doesn't look good on you, it will not look good on you full stop!!!

haha... want me to go on? (like, I can/am procrastinating, but I don't want to ram stuff down other people's throats lol)

alternative: Open invite for MQ girls to go on a window shopping expedition! :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but but..... i can't stop wearing my favourite colours :(

i'll try it in a few minutes. chances are i'll think all the colours look the same. i know in general which colours suit better me from what other people have told me but i still wear whatever colour i feel like at the time.

you can keep going if you like, i like reading it :)

edit: they all look the same. some i don't like as much though.

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
yeh iab come window shopping wit us, lol more like us shopping n iab spying thru the windows at us :p

yeh i still dont know wether wat im wearin is rite 4 me....but going out/dressing up i think i do fairly ok cuz i always get complimented on colour choice/dress style/making it all look good together which is mad for any girl :s .......its just the casual dressin that i need help in

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)