• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

so how are you guys feeling about ur exams? (1 Viewer)

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Yeah, fucking funny shit.

If we ban videogames, lets ban shakespeare and the bible as well, which incites more violence than any videogame ever could.
The emoish guy, with the shirt poking through his jumper, made some really interesting points.

I like it how the pompous lady said 'computer games could never inspire as much intellectual and emotional thoughts as a book', to which the guy responds 'you could easily make a computer game that is literally reading a book, although noone would buy it because books are boring.'

Hahah! It made me laugh so hard. He's very right, though. As Rosenstone famously argues, we're in a post-literate age, which writing and text has become archaic and secondary to film, music, TV, and computer games.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rhapsody11 said:
The emoish guy, with the shirt poking through his jumper, made some really interesting points.

I like it how the pompous lady said 'computer games could never inspire as much intellectual and emotional thoughts as a book', to which the guy responds 'you could easily make a computer game that is literally reading a book, although noone would buy it because books are boring.'

Hahah! It made me laugh so hard. He's very right, though. As Rosenstone famously argues, we're in a post-literate age, which writing and text has become archaic and secondary to film, music, TV, and computer games.
haha, you'd get killed in your interest field with a comment like that :p

^___^
HSC
*sigh*

i'm staying back at uni till 1am tonight just to do assignments

can't wait til friday ngiht, i can finally study then

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
... said:
*sigh*

i'm staying back at uni till 1am tonight just to do assignments

can't wait til friday ngiht, i can finally study then
ahahha suck shit :D

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
After today's tute, im worried about my mas105 exam.
Not worried as in ohh my god its in two weeks and i have to start studying now, but ohh fuck i know ill hardly study because its media and who studies for media and how would you even go about studying for media but i have to write 2 essays which will be hard considering i just came to the realisation of how little i know and how much you fully need to know the readings.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*~Dazed~* said:
After today's tute, im worried about my mas105 exam.
Not worried as in ohh my god its in two weeks and i have to start studying now, but ohh fuck i know ill hardly study because its media and who studies for media and how would you even go about studying for media but i have to write 2 essays which will be hard considering i just came to the realisation of how little i know and how much you fully need to know the readings.
Haha, but we do that for philosophy don't we :p

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
hahaha true but last semesters philosophy didnt have an exam (hold on or did it? i cant even remember it just seems so long ago now) and im not doing philosophy anymore this semester. Philosophy is easier to bullshit- well to an extent anyway.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha yeah it did, im pretty sure..(who cares rofl)

haha yeah, the motivation to study is the fucking worst part isnt it rofl

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
yay, I'm going into the exams with HDs for every subject. I think I'll come out with an HD for HIST243, and Ds for AHST103 and 101.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha im going in hoping for passes now haha

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
I'm going into the exam with

ACCG105 - going into the exam with a HD (BUT ITS GENERIC SKILLS ONLY so yeah thats not even related to accg) Will end up with a PASS PC or Fail

BBA102- going in with a high credit, will end up with a pass or borderline credit

BBA111- going in with a distinction- will hopefully get D or HD

PSY236- going in with a low credit- will end up getting a pass or PC or F

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
ergh man im so screwed...im still behind for everything... i always do this to myself lol

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
clairegirl said:
I'm going into the exam with

ACCG105 - going into the exam with a HD (BUT ITS GENERIC SKILLS ONLY so yeah thats not even related to accg) Will end up with a PASS PC or Fail

BBA102- going in with a high credit, will end up with a pass or borderline credit

BBA111- going in with a distinction- will hopefully get D or HD

PSY236- going in with a low credit- will end up getting a pass or PC or F
you dont really know what you are 'going in with', unless you know your rank and the distribution of marks.

i mean, i think it would be fair to say that about 5% get HD. so if 20/100 students get 85%+ as a mark, then that doesnt work out. infact the HD cutoff would be made higher (90%) since the standard to get a HD is higher than a mark of 85%.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
redruM said:
you dont really know what you are 'going in with', unless you know your rank and the distribution of marks.

i mean, i think it would be fair to say that about 5% get HD. so if 20/100 students get 85%+ as a mark, then that doesnt work out. infact the HD cutoff would be made higher (90%) since the standard to get a HD is higher than a mark of 85%.

should i have said going in with an average then?

if so i stand corrected :)

^___^
HSC
flyin' said:
I'm "going in with" Hd, Hd, Cr, and I dunno D (they haven't given back the assessments yet for this one subject!); taking account of redrum's comment ;). I'll end up with a Hd, D, D, Cr.

yeah, you are too smart for math237. you even skipped tonight's lecture

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
he must have been out sexing the ladies ;)

clairegirl, i know what you meant by "going in with". the avg of your marks. but say about 20% of the students are averaging 85%, you think that 20% of that subject will get a hd (lets even say those 20% get 85% in the final exam)? VERY VERY PROBABLE that they wont. on average, i think about 5% (or less) of people get HD's, so the lecturer will say that a combined (weighted of all assessments) mark of 88% equates to a HD, 76 - 87% is a D, etc. and then those that fall into those categories will get the respective grades (and SNG, the nice mark you see next to your F/D/Cr).
the 253 lecturer did a good job of explaining the process in our last lecture. the most i have learnt from any 253 lecturers all semester. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)