• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

so how are you guys feeling about ur exams? (2 Viewers)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
redruM said:
he must have been out sexing the ladies ;)

clairegirl, i know what you meant by "going in with". the avg of your marks. but say about 20% of the students are averaging 85%, you think that 20% of that subject will get a hd (lets even say those 20% get 85% in the final exam)? VERY VERY PROBABLE that they wont. on average, i think about 5% (or less) of people get HD's, so the lecturer will say that a combined (weighted of all assessments) mark of 88% equates to a HD, 76 - 87% is a D, etc. and then those that fall into those categories will get the respective grades (and SNG, the nice mark you see next to your F/D/Cr).
the 253 lecturer did a good job of explaining the process in our last lecture. the most i have learnt from any 253 lecturers all semester. :D
okay i think ur finding excuses now to just show off ur newfound knowledge :p thanx for that though i was interested in knowing the exact method, i knew a little bit about SNG so i know our raw marks arn't used

and don't worry im quite aware that getting HD's are freaking hard to get, i've only ever gotten one during my time at uni :(

just basing my predictions on past experience with similarish type subjects that i've done in the past

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
clairegirl said:
okay i think ur finding excuses now to just show off ur newfound knowledge :p thanx for that though i was interested in knowing the exact method, i knew a little bit about SNG so i know our raw marks arn't used

and don't worry im quite aware that getting HD's are freaking hard to get, i've only ever gotten one during my time at uni :(

just basing my predictions on past experience with similarish type subjects that i've done in the past
yeah i was the same until she explained it :p

you have to be careful when comparing subjects, different lecturers, etc..

i want to get a HD :eek:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Humanities uses this:

hxxp://www.humanities.mq.edu.au/MQUONLY/marks.xls

(hxxp://www.humanities.mq.edu.au/MQUONLY/docs.html)

(dont want to make them active links in case theyre for staff only ;))

^___^
HSC
flyin' said:
It's the one lecture I skipped all semester. Anyway, how did you know? :cool: (Did I miss out on anything?) My lift decided to skip it and the afternoon was too hot, so I decided to go.

You didn't miss much, he did the 2004 paper(his part) and we finished half an hr early. We won't be 'choosing' what questions to do at the back, because he told us he was sick last sem, and he didn't know what the students were taught then.
So this sem, we are supposed to attempt all of the questions

And how do i know you skipped
doesn't take much to work out your group is missing, the lecture was damn quiet :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i now know that with phil232 i wont be getting anything higher than a Cr. probably a P. Dam stupid elective.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
i now know that with phil232 i wont be getting anything higher than a Cr. probably a P. Dam stupid elective.
what huh? how come?

you've never gotten a P before though :s

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
because i have a nasty phil essay thats worth quite a lot and given its exam time theres no way im going to be able to focus on this without me being able to study for my psych units. so dodgy essay it shall be.

BTW: i returned 4 books yesterday that were one day late and i just looked in my borrower account to find i have no fines.. hehe. i saved 4 bucks :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
because i have a nasty phil essay thats worth quite a lot and given its exam time theres no way im going to be able to focus on this without me being able to study for my psych units. so dodgy essay it shall be.

BTW: i returned 4 books yesterday that were one day late and i just looked in my borrower account to find i have no fines.. hehe. i saved 4 bucks :p
aww thats suckie well.. im sure you'll get more than jsut a pass
Goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)