• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

So... what have we all been doing these holidays? (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:
=O! can i join? at least you wont be by urself anymore :eek:

btw anne is this another one of ur procrastination threads? :p
LOL yeah how'de u guess :p and of course you and Julie are very welcome to join my tea party :)

My first week of holidays have been absolutely full of doing nothing (sometimes a bad thing).

My days would consist of waking up, then reading in bed until the morning was well over :)...taking my time making breakfast which would take up around 2 hours, then going on a mini-bush walk at the local park or the gym and then comming home and having tea in my backyard and lounging around in the sun :).. and then watching biggest loser at night and spending most of the night "arguing on forums" and hence the day would again repeat itself :)

I've got to stop that routine now though :( procrastination and my little holiday is over, a good thing I've started to feel isolated and getting headaches from doing nothing.

I've just got home from work, I shall start studying for my two tests first week back and then actually go out to a 21st tonight, work tommorow at the crack of dawn :( so i shant be drinking :\

2nd week
Monday- studying
Tuesday- Picnicing at Bents Basin :)/ finding out more about Mexico
Wednesday- studying
Thursday- internship
Friday- work
Sat- work
Sun- work/studying/catching up

:)

I'm in such a happy la la mood now and I've been in this mood all week :)

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Skittled said:
Study/Assignments & Job interviews. (Well.. interview. And shifts next week -- seems I got the job! Woo!)
oooh nice :) congrats.. what job is it?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
redruM said:
Interviews and information evenings. Lot of suit and tie stuffs....Been to 4 already since uni broke. Already confirmed another 2 next week, with a possible further 2.

All my energy is spent travelling on the bloody trains. :(

I did manage to wash my keyboard earlier this week. I mean, took out each key (washed them) and then took out screws to wash the part that the keys go into (the part which has the num/caps/scroll lock lights....it was tres dirty). But I have to readjust the little knobs inside, so some keys arent working. :eek:

Also managed to half clean my room. Orgainse study materials. note: only orgainsed. no sign of actual work done

Oh and working weekends and public holidays as usual.

LIFE SUCKS!
LOL such detail with cleaning your keyboard! :p

oooh what interviews have you been going on?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I can't even get them to ring me back! *cries*

*hopeful*

HSC
i h8 workin...i didnt even tel my work that im on holidays ie can work all 5 days....screw dat, i need time 4 bummin

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
clairegirl said:
LOL such detail with cleaning your keyboard! :p

oooh what interviews have you been going on?
With accounting firms. Got the final round interview with a partner for a Big 4 on Monday. And awaiting a reply after my first round interviews at a couple of mid tier firms.

I've listened to some great music though. I have so much shit on my comp, but never get around to it.

Oh and my birthday is on the 25th. The only thing I have planned for the day is working 12 - 5. :eek:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
redruM said:
With accounting firms. Got the final round interview with a partner for a Big 4 on Monday. And awaiting a reply after my first round interviews at a couple of mid tier firms.
Oh wow, thats amazing!! Congrats - I really hope you bag a job with them! Which big 4 (if I can ask...). Wow. Just... wow!!

And happy birthday for the 25th. At least you'll get double time and a half ;)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
MaryJane said:
Oh wow, thats amazing!! Congrats - I really hope you bag a job with them! Which big 4 (if I can ask...). Wow. Just... wow!!

And happy birthday for the 25th. At least you'll get double time and a half ;)
Thanks. :)

Its for Deloitte. Would have loved to hear from PwC and the rest, but maybe another time.

What saddens me is the free beer at dawn service on my birthday. I'd love to be hammered by 9am, but I have to get ready for work. :(

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Thats great! I also check out vogue forums (I'm such an internet procrastinator) and there are a few girls on there stressing about their Deloitte interviews. I hope you kick their girly bums :p

Are all the positions full time? Or can you juggle it with uni? I wish law firms would take 3rd years seriously and let us have interviews (even just for practise) :(

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
lol, my holidays are pretty shit at the moment. I’ve tried to catch up with my readings and lectures, which I had skipped before the break :p . I’m also trying to complete two assignments for cultural studies and English. The cultural studies assignment isn’t that bad, but the English one is hell *tear*

There’s also a linguistics group assignment coming after the break. My group was going to discuss it over msn, but they haven’t even come online yet (grrrr).

Other than that, I went to the mall to buy new clothes for the new season :D

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
redruM said:
Thanks. :)

Its for Deloitte. Would have loved to hear from PwC and the rest, but maybe another time.

What saddens me is the free beer at dawn service on my birthday. I'd love to be hammered by 9am, but I have to get ready for work. :(
Hey redrum! thats great! you can be the minai of macq :d ... isn't he in one of the big4 companies too? You'll kick ass and make MACQ proud! actually you already have by making the final round, great accomplishment dude :D:D ... what kind of questions do they ask?

I wish I could afford to and have the guts to quit my crappy cash office crap at kmart! lol gahhh!! and do something a bit more industry relavant!

Oh hey MaryJane guess what!? I know someone on BOS who's in ur psy306 tute!! hehehehe! :D:D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Thats great! I also check out vogue forums (I'm such an internet procrastinator) and there are a few girls on there stressing about their Deloitte interviews. I hope you kick their girly bums :p

Are all the positions full time? Or can you juggle it with uni? I wish law firms would take 3rd years seriously and let us have interviews (even just for practise) :(
Haha, just apply as a full time receptionist and work from there, my friend did that, and after graduating, she got a job with Matthew Folbig, I think it was around Parra :D

shyr

HSC
i have just finnished all requirements in the uni, and glad that its over. right now im busy with work, work, and more work.
i plan to spend a few days on the beach though...its the only place i could really relax...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
marchetta said:
Other than that, I went to the mall to buy new clothes for the new season :D
Oooh shopping! I'm jealous I havn't been shoppingn for clothes in oh so long :( I'm trying to stay away from shopping centres in general to try and save.

So since my capacity to shop has been horribly cut off... What did you end up buying? :D

Note: I do plan on buying a jacket and some more long sleeved tops for winter though, what's out there?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
clairegirl said:
Hey redrum! thats great! you can be the minai of macq :d ... isn't he in one of the big4 companies too? You'll kick ass and make MACQ proud! actually you already have by making the final round, great accomplishment dude :D:D ... what kind of questions do they ask?

I wish I could afford to and have the guts to quit my crappy cash office crap at kmart! lol gahhh!! and do something a bit more industry relavant!

Oh hey MaryJane guess what!? I know someone on BOS who's in ur psy306 tute!! hehehehe! :D:D
For now, I have only been to their 1) Information Evening and 2) Group Assessment. The Information evening was pretty basic. They did a little presentation, but I had the chance to speak to graduates/managers/partners when it finished. It was great. Speaking to graduates, you can really ask them the "stupid" questions. :p
The Group Assessment was a tad more nerve-racking. I was on a table of 6 applicants and an assessor. We had to discuss a case amongst ourselves. That went really well....I made some really sexy points. Then had a short interview with the assessor before going home. (They called me about 3 hours after I left the place! :))

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
clairegirl said:
Who??

AsyLum said:
Haha, just apply as a full time receptionist and work from there, my friend did that, and after graduating, she got a job with Matthew Folbig, I think it was around Parra :D
I currently work for this horrible, horrible, annoying man as a paralegal, but I want to quit. I just applied for a receptionist position in a family law firm (yay!) 3 days a week, which would be excellent. Thats my plan too, to work somewhere and then have them take me as a graduate. Because I want to practise family law, I dont really see the point in applying for all the top tier firms with no family dept.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ohhh all these people with all these relevant jobs! I feel jealous :( haha, I don't think I'll be able to do teaching for a while yet :(

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
clairegirl said:
oooh nice :) congrats.. what job is it?
HR...err... Casual... assistant... thing. lol.
Basically was advertised on careerhub, and on talking to the lady who put it up it seems it's going to be a general HR spot, with big, massive wads of recruitment/selection/interviewing and the paperwork associated with those roles. Good experience though.

Good luck with the job, redruM!

AsyLum said:
Ohhh all these people with all these relevant jobs! I feel jealous :( haha, I don't think I'll be able to do teaching for a while yet :(
Keep an eye out on careerhub, as there seem to be a few tutoring opportunities and study-guide-writing jobs and things up there to give you at least a little experience. I've got a friend doing educ at Syd who I keep an eye out for; next time I send him something I'll pm you too, if you like?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Skittled said:
HR...err... Casual... assistant... thing. lol.
Basically was advertised on careerhub, and on talking to the lady who put it up it seems it's going to be a general HR spot, with big, massive wads of recruitment/selection/interviewing and the paperwork associated with those roles. Good experience though.
Aw thats so awsome! CONGRATULATIONS! :D I want a general HR "thing"!... my HR recruitment internship is soooo friggen crap :(

the only good thing I can say about it, is that it's shown me that recruitment is NOT the industry i want to enter upon graduating!

I want to do general HR, change management u know more psychology centred :( I think I'm going to have to do a masters in Org Psych :(

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
I'm sworn to secrecy unfortunately :(...

Next time I talk to her I'll bug her about it until she lets me tell you lol

I think she might be shy or just feels weird about it.. which is funny coz i met her through BOS lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)