• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The moderates and the conservatives - the state of the NSW Liberal Party (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
While being anti-abortion isn't a view totally without merit, Clarke's alleged views on homosexuality, if true, make me extremely uncomfortable.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
withoutaface said:
While being anti-abortion isn't a view totally without merit, Clarke's alleged views on homosexuality, if true, make me extremely uncomfortable.
Perhaps you should have a browse through what Clarke has said in parliament.

You can start with his first speech.

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/members.nsf/0/babd384f3ee9ee2cca256d050017172c/$FILE/David%20Clarke.pdf

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/pr...V3HHBSpeaker?open&vwCat=Clarke, The Hon David

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LC20041209066

Last edited:

spell check

HSC
i love how the far right thinks they have such a solid moral grounding for everything, even though most of their opinions and policies come from a perversion of religious dogma that even jesus himself would disagree with.
eg: hatred of homosexuals despite the commandment - 'love thy neighbour'

whereas those dirty hippies, liberals and lefties base themselves on basic appreciation of human rights that doesn't just come from words in some old book

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
wow i love anti-Christian idiots who think knowing one of the ten commandments qualifies them for a doctorate in theology. for your information, in 1 corinthians 6:9 it expressly says homosexual offenders will not inherit the kingdom of God.

hey we're not perfect i guess...

spell check

HSC
blackfriday said:
wow i love anti-Christian idiots who think knowing one of the ten commandments qualifies them for a doctorate in theology. for your information, in 1 corinthians 6:9 it expressly says homosexual offenders will not inherit the kingdom of God.

hey we're not perfect i guess...
isn't that a massive contradiction then?

doesn't the bible also say if you work on the sabbath then you shall be stoned to death?

how do christians explain their ruthless hatred of drugs and drug addicts? i'm pretty sure the bible makes no mention of why drugs are morally wrong

K

katie_tully

spell check said:

doesn't the bible also say if you work on the sabbath then you shall be stoned to death?

how do christians explain their ruthless hatred of drugs and drug addicts? i'm pretty sure the bible makes no mention of why drugs are morally wrong

I dare say you haven't read the bible lately.

nwatts

HSC
spell check said:

I dare say you're an ignorant wank. Shut your mouth until you have an idea of what you're talking about.

Also, purely based off the thread title... when was the Australian Liberal Party ever liberal?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
nwatts said:
I dare say you're an ignorant wank. Shut your mouth until you have an idea of what you're talking about.

Also, purely based off the thread title... when was the Australian Liberal Party ever liberal?
um...their economic policy?

spell check

HSC
nwatts said:

nice argument

“2. Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord; whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.”

- Exodus, 35/2

Generator

HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
With his own state branch racked by ideological squabbles, the Prime Minister has warned the "small l" liberal and conservative wings of the Liberal Party not to obliterate each other.

Laying down seven core beliefs, John Howard said the average Australian was tolerant and believed in the traditional family but would not persecute those with alternative views.

Speaking at the launch of The Conservative, the third and most conservative journal of ideas to be published by Liberal MPs this year, Mr Howard urged members to respect the two founding principles of his party: the classical liberal and conservative traditions.
*cough*

---

Generator

HSC
N/A
*bump*

PARTICIA FORSYTHE: Quentin, on Wednesday night I went home from Parliament House sickened by what was taking place. I'd been part of it for 36 hours but I couldn't face the...what was emerging. I phoned a colleague yesterday and said I didn't want my selection to be part of any factional deal. I'll face my selection by going out to the ordinary members of the Liberal Party. My preselection will be a few weeks away and I think the people in the area that I have got to appeal to won't have a bar of what I think has emerged. What I've seen for the first time is the emergence of a formalised factional system inside our parliamentary party. That's not the Liberal Party that I know, that's not the Liberal Party that I've been part of. I certainly don't want to be beholden to anybody, least of all the extremists in the party, for my position. Because if it's my position today, if it's my preselection, what will it be tomorrow? Do I have to be beholden to their extremist agenda? That's what's at the heart of my concerns.
Source: Stateline (2 September 2005)

---

Revengeful Right axes faithful Forsythe (4 December 2005)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: The moderates the conservatives - the state of the NSW Liberal Party

Did anyone else see the Lateline story? OMG Liberal students taking the piss out of labels they're given means they're racists!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

I think it's time for me to leak WAF's treatment of cute asian girls to the media.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

k :eek:

gerhard

HSC
Re: The end of the liberal Liberal?

lateline tonight had a thing on young liberals. it wasnt really much of a story at all. had tom watson being a wanker though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)