• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Objectives of the Campaign against Muslims in the West (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorix

HSC
It's a pity that he wrote the entire article but couldn't come up with a motive.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
what the fuk do you mean the tides are turning? the only way that islam is winning is by the amount of suicide bombers they are using. I dont see how the tides are turning .
the tides are turning in that although the western bodies are succeding in corrupting muslim minds, there are alot of new converts undoing the western's hard work.

and i know that the events havent happened yet, but it is nice to keep remembering.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
veterandoggy said:
the tides are turning in that although the western bodies are succeding in corrupting muslim minds, there are alot of new converts undoing the western's hard work.

and i know that the events havent happened yet, but it is nice to keep remembering.
Where do you base this evidence of new converts on? Islam is growing because of births, not new converts.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:

if yuo show me evidece is christians covnerting to islam instead of new waves of babies being brainwashed about islam , then i would say the tides are turning

get_born

SashatheMan said:
if yuo show me evidece is christians covnerting to islam instead of new waves of babies being brainwashed about islam , then i would say the tides are turning

http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm

please visit this and look at the yellow table. In the fifth column you'll be pleased to know that Islam is the fastest growing religion, whereas it seems to me that others are stable or decreasing dramatically.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
so you havent heard of the boom of converts post 9/11? i thought you guys listen to some sort of media, hence hanging around this section of the forum.
This is to be expected.
When a faith is challenged, the faith grow stronger...

Case Study: England

- Recognised state church.
- Complete religious freedom.
- Apathy amongst the religious.
- Large numbers of atheists/agnostics...

Case Study: America

- Separated church and state.
- Strong boundaries on religious expression.
- Thousands of court cases.
- One of the most faithful countries in the world...

From that, and many other examples I could cite it becomes obvious that faith is strongest when it is under 'attack'. I believe that muslims in Australia would have been far more apathetic if there had not been a 9/11, however due to the 'attacks' against islam since 9/11 alot of people have re-visited their faith, become more faithful, even become radical.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
veterandoggy said:
you cant use births to prove anything. christianity has more people, and hence more births would be expected from them.
Wrong. It's also dependent upon the cultures in which these religions exist, for example the birth rate per person in a country like Australia would probably be a lot lower than somewhere like Africa.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
you cant use births to prove anything. christianity has more people, and hence more births would be expected from them.
But when you make arguments like waf is making, you're not talking about numbers, you're talking about percentages. Saying "Group 1 had 10 million births in the last period while group 2 had 8 million births" is meaningless when you dont take into consideration the relative size of each group. Its similar to which religion is growing the fastest. The percentage of increase of Islamic people is larger than the percentage of increase of Christian people. This doesnt mean that Islam increased by a larger number than Christians.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
acmilan said:
But when you make arguments like waf is making, you're not talking about numbers, you're talking about percentages. Saying "Group 1 had 10 million births in the last period while group 2 had 8 million births" is meaningless when you dont take into consideration the relative size of each group. Its similar to which religion is growing the fastest. The percentage of increase of Islamic people is larger than the percentage of increase of Christian people. This doesnt mean that Islam increased by a larger number than Christians.
no it means that the amount of people converting to islam is greater to the amount of people converting to christianity. i think we are far away from out-populating christians, but we are increasing.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
no it means that the amount of people converting to islam is greater to the amount of people converting to christianity. i think we are far away from out-populating christians, but we are increasing.
I dont remember the source, but I collected this data when doing in religion in yr 11 (3 years ago), and I cant guarantee the validity, but it does agree with estimates. If its anything to go by then, by your definition, Christianity is increasing faster than Islam, since Christianity increased by a larger amount than Islam in 1990-2000, even though Islam increased at a faster rate.

(Converted to pdf)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well wheres the updated data? I haven't been able to find any sort of data thats current. You made the claim but didnt provide any data so what's your basis?

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
i have never been interested in statistics, so i havent read it before, but i have heard it from one person too many, and not all of them were muslim, before anyone says that it was an attempt to boost our morale or something.

get_born

Conversions or statistics, lets say that birth rate was the factor that contributes to the accelerated rate. Those born into that religion have obviously chosen to stay in that religion.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Conversions or statistics, lets say that birth rate was the factor that contributes to the accelerated rate. Those born into that religion have obviously chosen to stay in that religion.
Most would say true choice is no where near achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)